Dynadot

new gtlds XYZ will change the paradigm on how domains can be used on the internet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Constantin S

Top Member
Impact
"Something huge is coming your way. As in, massive, never seen before, game changer kind of huge! Curious to know what’s going on? Tune back into gen.xyz/AYDACFU"

The reveal date in set for June 1st 2017.

Let's see...IMO is just another bluff.

UPDATE: They basically reminded us that we can buy 6N, 7N, 8N and 9N...like we've expected just another bluff.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.xyz domains for just $0.99 per year to register, renew, and transfer. These domains, coined the 1.111B Class, include all 6-digit, 7-digit, 8-digit, and 9-digit numeric .xyz domains

OK from a practical standpoint, to pick a 6-9N pattern I can remember and use for a utility personal use like nameservers and only have to pay $1 per year forever, that is an OK promo. If they had included to 10 digits could have considered US phone numbers, that would likely have been useful.

Bummed it wasn't about renewals for other xyz

•••
Anyone have any cool usages beyond just having a shitty domain for a website?

•••
Why would I want to register a domain for my washing machine. I'm not sure that I want people talking to my underwear. :)

•••
World Wide Widget - finance meeting notes June 3, 2017

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)

Purchasing Director: "I just signed a long term contract to buy huge blocks of individual domain names for our mass produced smart widgets. I negotiated an early bird deep discount. This will be a game changer."

CFO: "How much?"

Purchasing Director: "$8.8M FY 2018.”

CFO: “What??”

Purchasing Director: loosens tie, clears throat

Intern: “Subdomains can scale endlessly to achieve the same result for free.”

CFO to Purchasing Director: “Give me your badge.”

•••
You could register your ip to a domain, and then you wouldn't need a registry lookup.

Oh wait. Why don't we just use the ip and save the cost of the registration.

•••

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)

Purchasing Director: "I just signed a long term contract to buy huge blocks of individual domain names for our mass produced smart widgets. I negotiated an early bird deep discount. This will be a game changer."

Purchasing Director: But in 2010 I bought $100 in bitcoin.

•••
CFO: "Tell it to your unemployment counselor. Someone call security."

•••

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)

good point didnt think about it but if you can create unlimited subdomains what is the point?

•••
.xyz domains for just $0.99 per year to register, renew, and transfer. These domains, coined the 1.111B Class, include all 6-digit, 7-digit, 8-digit, and 9-digit numeric .xyz domains

OK from a practical standpoint, to pick a 6-9N pattern I can remember and use for a utility personal use like nameservers and only have to pay $1 per year forever, that is an OK promo.

why do you think it will be forever? haven't you learned your lesson yet? ;)

according to .xyz forever could mean forever as long as they want which could mean until next year.. they will be forever as long as no ones wants them, if they become popular they will increase prices.

Last edited:
•••
what a let down, lol. Are people even still buying numeric domains?

•••
@dordomai - good point, my best hope would be that at the very least, xyz would have to follow the 6 month renewal price notification before a price hike, so I could choose to extend out 10 years at that point. My 6N xyz collection is a whopping 5 domains now : smile : [1] abcabc [1] abaaba [3] ababab

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back