Dynadot

registries .XYZ Passes .Info With Over 5.5 Million Registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The new gTLD .XYZ has passed .info to become the 4th most registered Top Level Domain Extension in the world.

According to RegistrarStats.com, .info has 5,508,922 domain names registered.

.XYZ has basically added somewhere around 2.5 Million registrations it had registered previously by offering domain name registrations as low as $.01/$.02 for two days

The .$.01 promotion ended yesterday, but domain names are available for as low as $.22 a domain for the rest of June at many registrars.

Starting in July retail prices for a .XYZ registration will revert to $1 – $15 depending on your registrar until the end of the year.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its quite an amazing achievement in such a short period of time. According to the article, .info was established in 2001 and .xyz was established two years ago. wow!

•••
Thanks for sharing this.

Soon, this topic will be filled with a debate on the likability and profitability of .xyz. However, I'd like to take a moment to set things into perspective before that happens.

This information by itself does not guarantee that .xyz will be more successful than .info. .info has handled major websites for many years (ex. mta.info).

The high amount of sales for .xyz is indeed making the market for it more attractive. The less good names there are on the market, the higher likelihood you will be able to make sales. :D

$1 registration and a well-coordinated effort by gen.xyz ensures that if any good domains are dropped, they are quickly picked up again.

In conclusion, not much can be said about .xyz in comparison to .info, and none of us are fortune-tellers... I hope. :D Nevertheless, this is an exciting moment for everyone who has invested in .xyz. And many that haven't tried it, will try to get on board too. What is clear is that sales will definitely improve over the course of then next few weeks.

•••
Well, I suppose it pays off in the end for gTLDs, but didn't .info get where it was by offering a $0.99/yr registration rate for a long time?

•••
To me .info has its own purpose.
I still don't know what should be hosted on an .xyz domain.

•••
I expect the .xyz domains are going to be the #1 domain for spam...

•••
I expect the .xyz domains are going to be the #1 domain for spam...
This has been said about new TLDs for many months, but the chances of it happening to .xyz are fading away. As other topics have discussed, there are many end-user sites settled on .xyz now. And you can bet that many people took advantage of the $0.02 .xyz sale to start their websites as well.

The time to complain about .xyz has passed. We're now at a point where we have to measure how well .xyz will do.

•••
To start a normal website $0.02 or $20 - doesn't matter.
But for doorway-builders, phishers and spammers - price is #1.

Last edited:
•••
p.s. 23M has .TK
So .info is surpassed 4 times... and what???

•••
p.p.s. I had ~$2K sales with .info
With all nTLDs - I don't receive even offers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back