IT.COM

XYZ 101 FOR GENERATIONS X, Y & Z

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

XYZ.jpg

Image from Google Images

INVESTING IN DOMAIN NAMES

Domain names are traded like real estate. In fact, 2015 was the biggest bull market for .COM's in the history of domain names. To get an idea of how much a domain name can sell for, click here. If you notice, almost all of those are .COMs.

.COM is the gold standard for domain names followed by ccTLD's like .UK .DE .PH. There is some value in ccTLDs but it is kind of a new market in terms of domaining. If you want to see how popular .COMs are, click here.

As indicated in the previous link, .COM has over 126 million registrations and the next up is .NET, at 15 million registrations. When I first started investing in .XYZ it only had 1.6 million registrations but it has since beat .INFO and I expect it to break the .COM, .NET and .ORG triopoly sometime this year (currently at 6 million registrations).

BACKGROUND:
I first noticed .XYZ when I heard about Google re-organizing under Alphabet and using the domain name ABC.XYZ (please visit their site). I immediately bought in with a few domain names since I knew how significant it was (Google's decision). In case you didn't know, Google is sometimes the most valuable company in the world. Sometimes it's Apple but they go back and forth depending on their stock price.

So I wanted to find out why Google re-organized under ABC.XYZ (why change at all?) and I eventually discovered that China was threatening to block .COM and all non-approved TLDs (Top Level Domains like .COM and .NET). Read about it here.

China is the most important emerging economy for Internet ventures with 800 million citizens that will soon come online. To put that in perspective, the United States has an Internet population of only 300 million citizens. And the .COM boom in 2015 happened because of China, at least for the most part (just like the Bitcoin boom and in some cases, real estate appreciation in the United States). The fact that Google re-organized under ABC.XYZ is definitely enough to raise a few eyebrows.

There is a lot of additional information that I will be publishing. But this was XYZ 101.

Starship (created by the Founders of Skype)
http://Starship.xyz

$0.99 / per .XYZ
http://Uniregistry.com

@MasterOfMyDomains @rokaska7

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back