domain xtreme.mom

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainDLR

Established Member
Impact
I acquired the domain Xtreme.mom with hopes to create a site focusing on all the moms out there participating in extreme sports. My time is limited with everything else going at the moment that I felt it might be better off with someone that may have the time and skill to put it together. The GKWP shows 14,800 Avg monthly searches and 4,730 exact match "xtreme mom" page results. My guess is it would be valued around $250-$400 undeveloped at this point. 64 versions of xtreme domains are currently registered. Not having the time to check them all, the top 5 are parked at this moment. Not sure if that helps the value or not. I could be way off on the price either way. What do you think?

I just joined Namepros today and thought, "why not start out with a domain appraisal question?". After spending some time perusing this pretty cool, helpful and often sarcastic online community ˙ ͜ʟ˙ (I wish I would have joined sooner!), I really wanted to get a take on your thoughts about the new .mom extension. Thanks everyone in advance for your time.

Douglas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is a brandable in an extension that pretty much no one actually uses.

.MOM is not a desirable extension. I don't see how it has any real resale value.

Also, this term is available in .COM to register, which is a bad sign.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I acquired the domain Xtreme.mom with hopes to create a site focusing on all the moms out there participating in extreme sports.

Lol. you really made my day with this sentence, i am still laughing :) Thank you!

Now seriously, XtremeMom is still free in com, biz, org, us, info, etc which is not good sign when we speak about value of new TLD domain. On the other hand, xtreme.mom sounds pretty cool, so there might be some potential. Also. it is memorable, I think I will not forget this name! Generally .MOM is TLD where I would tend to register keywords like dear, my, best, super, american, family, etc...but maybe xtreme.mom can also surprise in term of resale value!

Similar domain Extreme.Mom is now available at BIN USD 2599 with yearly renewal of USD 199.99 at GoDaddy, so from some reason .MOM registry thought of it as Premium renewal domain (as standard renewal for .MOM is around 40 USD). Xtreme.Mom is pretty close to this name, so I would say resale potential might be good at price of USD 400-1000, in case your domain has standard renewal attached to it (I would emphasize this fact during sale efforts if this is the case). Good luck :)

Last edited:
•••
Backordering the .com is available but since it's been registered since 1994. Doubtful anything would come of that. What makes the .mom so undesirable other than being another new extension and not a .com? Better yet, in your opinion, what would make the .mom extension a more desirable one for you to invest in? I can understand if it's the renewal price but there has to be more to it.

•••
Glad I made someone's day. So, last I checked, parked = taken, correct?

•••
•••
Thanks for the appraisal. There's some advertising potential once developed. Ah...Just figured out what you meant by available. Yeah, xtrememom.com is available (I was basing it on xtreme.com) but the value would be held better by shortening the domain. I wasn't even considering the longer version. But it is late for me, so there is that. Sorry for the confusion. >_>

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back