IT.COM

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Crazy stuff I have xrbots.con

•••
XRgirls is a nice pickup, the VR counterpart sold for $5k. Girl/Girls is a great keyword to own.

Would you be expecting $5k as well or do you value XR to be in a higher tier than VR?

Well I think it's too early to say in all honesty. It's still early to put a proper value on VR names let alone XR The momentum for XR is certainly impressive for sure, and I regret not registering a few more. I did actually hand register xrgirls when XR first started being mentioned in the vrdommy thread.

•••
The XR Generation

banner_xr-generation-01.png

•••
I have about 5 xr names. Funnily enough I have some mxr names that were being hyped this time last year here. If only I'd registered without the 'm' as they were still probably available then. But I will be letting my mxr names drop, obviously.

I have xrgirls com and xrp@@n.net and xr-p@@n.com

The big difference between mxr and xr (i do own mxr names as well and dropping) is that xr sounds better, looks better and is being embraced by the industry(no one used mxr)

•••
•••
•••
Not .com, but still nice to have imo:

ExtendedReality.nl
WebXR.de

•••
I really hate "extended reality" as a term. I haven't seen developers using it, which kinda matters and it's not what most people will think of when they see XR today... Based on what I see on Twitter anyway

Last edited:
•••
I really hate "extended reality" as a term. I haven't seen developers using it, which kinda matters and it's not what most people will think of when they see XR today... Based on what I see on Twitter. Almost all XR references there are about it being an umbrella term...

X marks the spot.

all people will care about is that X is All realites. If the switch from developers to consumers will happen with the help of a giant (ie goggle promoting webxr) it will help even more.

a sentence rick Schwartz once said is engraved in my memory and is highly relevant to xr, at least for me.

Build your business in the middle of the intersection before they even thought of building the intersection :)

•••
Mushrooms after the rain..
XRatlanta.com on its way (same guys)

Screenshot_20171119-200602.png

•••
Zombie xr available in appstore

752A34B6-E986-4C65-859A-DE8C07D7CCC6.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Mushrooms after the rain..
XRatlanta.com on its way (same guys)

Show attachment 73378

Pleasant surprise! First XR Connects in Helsinki where I live and now XR Atlanta, my home town. XR is fast becoming THE standard industry term! 2018 will be the year hopefully people will say "XR" or "WebXR" instead of "VR and AR" or "WebVR and WebVR"... especially on Twitter, where tgere is a tight character limit.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Pixvana Raises $14 Million Series A to Accelerate the Creation and Delivery of Immersive Video Experiences

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Raises-14-Million-Series-Accelerate-Creation

We are thrilled to work with this amazing group of investors backing us, to realize our vision of XR storytelling,” said Forest Key, Pixvana CEO. “Faster iteration and blending of video and 3D content will allow creatives, brands and media companies to create amazing XR experiences. More announcements like the recent devices for Windows MR and Oculus Go will create a rapidly expanding market for XR video experiences.”

“There is tremendous opportunity in the XR video space and it is clear that outstanding content and storytelling tools will define this new medium,” said Stuart Nagae, General Partner, Vulcan Capital. “We think that Pixvana has an extraordinary team that really understands how to deliver cinematic, immersive experiences in XR and can build a SaaS business at scale.”

•••
•••
Geo XR names still available:

Portlandxr
SanAntonioxr
SanDiegoxr
SanFranciscoxr
Seattlexr
Dallasxr
xrBoston
xrAustin
xrSeattle

all in king

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back