Dynadot

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The state of xr

https://sa2017.siggraph.org/attendees?view=event&eid=220

BFB156F5-99C5-41B2-8350-20551A1C87B7.png

•••
So Microsoft's new xbox is called Xbox one X, and apple are calling their new I phone 10 as iphone X. Makes you think lol

•••
only a few XR domains in my portfolio:

GlobalXR
SocialXR
NeomXR

XRCare
XRSystem
XRFactory
XRGuide

XXXRvideos
XXXRlive
XXXRcam
XXXRgirls
XXXRs@x
(all .com)

•••
only a few XR domains in my portfolio:

GlobalXR
SocialXR
NeomXR

XRCare
XRSystem
XRFactory
XRGuide

XXXRvideos
XXXRlive
XXXRcam
XXXRgirls
XXXRs@x
(all .com)
SocialXr.com nice

•••
Someone bit me to XRMatch today. just a few minutes difference...

•••
Brandables will take the lead in sales in this niche...

•••
•••
A few months ago i remember:-

23wuumc.jpg

Being on NameSilo''s expired domain marketplace, i remember looking it up until the last few days and never bid, wish i had now!

I believe someone got it for $25.

•••
A few months ago i remember:-

23wuumc.jpg

Being on NameSilo''s expired domain marketplace, i remember looking it up until the last few days and never bid, wish i had now!

I believe someone got it for $25.

Very nice, but XRglasses is much better.
I remember @xr reality got it.

•••
I got
EntertainmentXR.com
247XR.com
XRsuits.com
XRsuit.com
XRpal.com

•••
•••
•••
Get a refund. Techs is not a word.

Dating is the preferred word, even though there are a few sales with "dates". It just doesn't sound right, as a native english speaker...

XRdating here, ;)

•••
You guys might want to question if a name can (and likely will) be used for both AR and VR before regging it. Otherwise you might be wasting your money...

Yes, XR can be used as a cheap alternative of either AR or VR, but that may be seen by the industry as a misuse of the term because the in general most of the industry understands that its an umbrella term for all "reality" technologies.

All of this affects if a name would even be wanted by a company...think about that before regging.

Last edited:
•••
You guys might want to question if a name can (and likely will) be used for both AR and VR before regging it. Otherwise you might be wasting your money...

Yes, XR can be used as a cheap alternative of either AR or VR, but that may be seen by the industry as a misuse of the term if the company isn't doing both AR and VR.

All of this affects if a name would even be wanted by a company...think about it...

Well I could be well off with this but I think in the future companies could offer both VR & AR versions of the service\product they are offering.

I know many just see this as a b2b acronym.

But I think its very possible that a company who offers for example VR Poker could also offer an AR version of their product.

IMO if a company offers both a VR and AR version of their product\service then a term that encompassed both could be a very smart brand opportunity.

Yes I get consumers would have to understand what XR means in this scenario. But not an impossible obstacle to overcome.

I believe a company like fitxr.com could be an example of this in the future.

Yes they just have a vr version at the moment but they have left the window open to also release AR apps under their current brand name.

Last edited:
•••
Well I could be well off with this but I think in the future companies could offer both VR & AR versions of the service\product they are offering.

I know many just see this as a b2b acronym.

But I think its very possible that a company who offers for example VR Poker could also offer an AR version of their product.

IMO if a company offers both a VR and AR version of their product\service then a term that encompassed both could be a very smart brand opportunity.

Yes I get consumers would have to understand what XR means in this scenario. But not an impossible obstacle to overcome.

I believe a company like fitxr.com could be an example of this in the future.

Yes they just have a vr version at the moment but they have left the window open to also release AR apps under their current brand name.

I didn't write anything about xr being just for b2b in my previous post. My core point is that if a keyword is suitable (or likely to be used) with only ar or only vr then it may not be valuable in with xr attached.

You seem to echo my point in your reply, but I had to acknowledge that one thing...

•••
I didn't write anything about xr being just for b2b in my previous post. My core point is that if a keyword is suitable (or likely to be used) with only ar or only vr then it may not be valuable in with xr attached.

You seem to echo my point in your reply, but I had to acknowledge that one thing...

Furthermore , I have GirlfriendXR, which is a consumer term. I don't recommend regging many of these because I don't see a need for the AVERAGE consumer to be aware of XR as a term. The way things are going its even possible that they won't need to know even about Augmented Reality (many still don't, despite the success of AR thus far) so counting on average Joe consumers knowing about XR is an even riskier bet.

I know with 100% certainty that XRDevelopers - king has value for example and is very sell-able (and I will) because it targets a group we all know is aware of XR and uses it to discuss, describe and promote their industry, products and services at least amongst themselves, but the value of consumer XR keywords and brandables is still up in the air (money possibly wasted) . That's why I warn about regging them, while not exactly discouraging it completely , because I have a couple myself... Just in case it does become a consumer term "someday", because of for example a major, influential corporation like Apple using it.

Last edited:
•••
@Winfluence I like this discussion so ill add my opinion on it.
A couple of us been talking about it for more then a year now before registering names. All been taken into consideration.
When i got XRshopping XRdating XRvideos XRhealthcare XRtherapy ie i was thinking about the NEED as its all about the need of the many.
XR is about connected interfaces VR AR IoT,All glued together as a service.
A smart company will have a full strategy for XR and imo the need for XR will grow big time as consumer term.
That said i agree that one need to have a thought process, not just add any keyword to XR without
any thought about who and how many will have a need for the name and what they will be able to achieve with such a net real estate piece.

•••
So, does XR stands for Extended Reality or Cross Reality or both?

•••
It represents the same concept.

•••
So, does XR stands for Extended Reality or Cross Reality or both?

I think most are referring to it as Extended Reality at the moment, so where we stand today I think Extended Reality is the most likely term to be associated with XR.

•••
A couple of us been talking about it for more then a year now before registering names. All been taken into consideration.
When i got XRshopping XRdating XRvideos XRhealthcare XRtherapy ie i was thinking about the NEED as its all about the need of the many.
A smart company will have a full strategy for XR and imo the need for XR will grow big time as consumer term.
That said i agree that one need to have a thought process, not just add any keyword to XR without
any thought about who and how many will have a need for the name and what they will be able to achieve with such a net real estate piece.

Just a couple LOL. It started in the VR thread buddy and it was more than a couple discussing XR when someone mentioned a VR fund founder mentioning it in on his site. I don't remember if I joined the dicussion or not but I was there during the conversation watching it unfold and ignoring it, because I didn't think it would catch on...just as you probably did, hense you not regging XR names back then. So don't sit here acting like you're some kind of XR investment pioneer lol...

•••
Just a couple LOL. It started in the VR thread buddy and it was more than a couple discussing XR when someone mentioned a VR fund founder mentioning it in on his site. I don't remember if I joined the dicussion or not but I was there during the conversation watching it unfold and ignoring it, because I didn't think it would catch on...just as you probably did, hense you not regging XR names back then. So don't sit here acting like you're some kind of XR investment pioneer lol...

1)Not started it because of the VR thread
2)dont call me buddy as i aint your buddy
3) started paying attention on april 2016
4)a couple of us meaning i had private talks about it with a couple of friends
5)never said im a pioneer
6)all of this doesn't really matters now, only the present :)

•••

Also, a smart company can have a full strategy for AR and VR on an individual basis, advertising both to consumers individually without trying to market both together under an term they know consumers are unaware of and probably don't have a reason to care about, the same way that many people don't know what CGI is, even though it's in most movies. It's an industry term and a term that people interested in film are familiar with, but because consumers don't know or care what it is (why would they need to?) the only brands with "CGI" in it are targeted for industry professional and B2B marketing.

XR may very well become a consumer term...I just don't see a reason WHY that would happen. That doesn't = to me saying "it won't happen". It's more like "I don't see the point in guessing with not even the slightest indication that it will become an average Joe consumer marketing term"...

•••
1)Not started it because of the VR thread
2)dont call me buddy as i aint your buddy
3) started paying attention on april 2016
4)a couple of us meaning i had private talks about it with a couple of friends
5)never said im a pioneer
6)all of this doesn't really matters now, only the present :)

You guys were talking about it in private because of that discussion in the VR thread (in 2016) lol....Sorry for calling you buddy, but yeah....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back