NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
ProgrammerForums.com
Expires 11-3-2018 - GoDaddy
-

Small Emerging Programming Community w/ Defining .COM

25+ members, 175+ posts, 2k pageviews this month, custom profile badges configuration.

Majority of users are from the United States

What is included in the sale?

You will receive the domain ProgrammerForums.com as well as the shared hosting account at DreamHost where the site is hosted, this way there is no hassle with the transfer process. The site is already properly setup at DreamHost. I have added built in support for Tapatalk which allows users a free iOS and Android app to view and access the complete forums on their smart phones or tablets, this may also gain the site additional users.

What is required to keep the business operational?

Very little if any programming experience is needed to operate this business. The site is running on the free open-source phpBB software and comes with it's own admin panel. All changes can be made in this admin panel.

While no programming experience is needed, it may help if you have experience transferring files using an FTP client such as FileZilla.

Why are you selling the business?

I am selling this forum to focus more on my own journey of learning how to code with PHP. I'm hoping to spend more time at home taking online lessons and don't feel that I will have the time to manage this forum. I will still likely remain a normal memeber of the forum if the new buyer decides to continue operating the website.

How does the business generate revenue?

Ads. I have installed a free plugin from the phpBB community that enables advertisement spots around the different areas of the website. All you have to do is login to the admin panel and paste your ad code and choose where to display it. It's very easy and I'd be happy to help you with this.

Are there any expenses for the business? If so, what are they?

Just the domain renewal which is about $10/yr (just typical .com renewal price) and then the hosting account which is about $11/month at DreamHost.

The SSL certificate is provided free from "LetsEncrypt" and will continue to auto-renew for free through the DreamHost plan.

What marketing initiatives have been used for this business?

I have spent a minimal amount on paid content through PostLoop (about $17) to get content started and about $6 on Fiverr to create just a few high PR backlinks to get the site picked up by search engines.

How can the future owner improve the business?

I would recommend starting a blog to go with this site as well as a page that lists different hosting services members can use to host their projects. Web hosting companies often pay large referrals to attract users to their services and this is a great way to monetize the forums. Other options include adding a classifieds for job employers to find talented programmers on the forums and then make commisions on hiring the talent through ProgrammerForums.com
-

Google analytics:
https://prnt.sc/j6ox8o
https://prnt.sc/j6oxdd
https://prnt.sc/j6oxg8
https://prnt.sc/j6oxm2

I'd be happy to verify any of these stats ^

I accept Paypal, bitcoin, ethereum, or other domain trades.
I like generic one and two word .com's as well as LLLL's.
We can use Escrow service upon request.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Please PM all offers.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will include 2 weeks of free support following the sale, whether you need small changes, advice, tips, or would like me to explain anything about the site, I'll be happy to help you out :xf.smile: I will also provide more advice for what the future owner can do to continue improving the site. I have a few ideas.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Still accepting offers,I have a bit of interest on another message board. If I receive no good offers I will probably list this on Flippa.

•••
•••
site has no rank in alexa, I guess it is new. You say 2000 PV this month, your google analytics are unavailable.

•••
If you have traffic I would be interested to buy an ad space on your website.

•••
If you have traffic I would be interested to buy an ad space on your website.

The traffic has been minimal and I don't think an ad spot would be very effective right now, I will send you a PM in a few minutes with a link to the actual analytics.

At this time I'm still just trying to sell the site as a whole. I'd be happy to show a prospective buyer how to place ads on the site using the built in admin panel.

•••
30 uniques/day will do.
5-10 cents/day for one ad on top of your website.

•••
•••
how much are you looking for the site?

pm me price

•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back