Dynadot

WTF is hollaback???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which one?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

votes
    14.3%

votes
    19.0%

votes
    9.5%

votes
    9.5%

votes
    85.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

vip-ip

Account Closed
Impact
What's a hollaback girl???? lol Vote for what you think is the best description.

1) A girl that is 35 years of age trying to pretend she's cheerleader and sex idol.
2) An attractive girl but not the cream of the crop.
3) It seems as though Ms. Stefani has had some incidents in which another young, presumably female, individual has made some disparaging remarks about her character. Upon learning of the situation, Ms. Stefani is informing this “culprit” that she intends to handle this matter physically. Ms. Stefani’s character is such that she is not the type of person who counters verbal attacks with verbal attacks, or “hollering back.” Using terminology that is commonplace among today’s youth, this is shortened to “hollaback.” Additionally, it appears as though this altercation will take place somewhere near the bleachers.
4) A Cheerleader who hollars in the background which most people ignore. Since you can't ignore Gwen Stefani, she ain't no 'hollaback girl'.
5) A term that Gwen Stefani apparently just made the f**k up and tries to pass on as regular slang.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
LOL.

Just pretend you know what it means... its the best way with these kind of songs!!

All sing along now!

•••
B A N A N A S

I though #5 would get most votes :D I was right, so far

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
i chose 5

i hate that song though. Its obscene and disgusting. And the amount of kids buying her album and getting that kind of language...she should be shot.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I have no idea (wtf is a hollaback girl? :P)...is this thread just to bash gwen :P

•••
•••
I have her CD! lol. yeah, but I agree, some of the songs are rather obscene. still... i like gwen stefani.

•••
A bit of all of them :D

I do, love that song though :xf.love:

•••
GJ Online said:
Your a teenager??
Everyone's a teenager at heart. :blink:

•••
Hollaback is a slang used by black people. It means "be right back" i think :D So i think Hollaback Girl may mean a girl that always likes to be right back? :D erm....

•••
Actually, hollaback is something you'd use in, say, e-mail or a text message on the cell phone. "Where u @? Holla back" << :lol:

•••
Yeah, so they can get back to you :D

•••
vip-ip said:
Actually, hollaback is something you'd use in, say, e-mail or a text message on the cell phone. "Where u @? Holla back" << :lol:

lol that ones the best :P

•••
liam_d said:
lol that ones the best :P
Yeah, but it doesn't make sense in the song.... "I ain't no hollaback girl" as in she doesn't return your calls? Well, that's bad then, cuz I ain't gonna be annoying her every 15 minutes with my messages, right? So, IMO, it's a word she made the f*** up and then she's like, "Oops, it's already invented" or something :|

:laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back