WTF, hologram??

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
338
CNN uses now hologram technology to project an news anchor?...wow, star wars comes to my mind :)

Cheers

Frank
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
are they late or what?
 
0
•••
That was awesome.

 
Last edited:
0
•••
weblord said:
are they late or what?


Well, i haven't seen that before on TV, regardless that you use that on a daily basis?...LOL, j/k bro :)

Cheers

Frank
 
0
•••
it's telepresence :lol:

liquidcherry said:
Well, i haven't seen that before on TV, regardless that you use that on a daily basis?...LOL, j/k bro :)

Cheers

Frank
 
0
•••
Holy cow! I've been waiting for this to come out... I still have yet to see it in real life - but that picture is sweet. Thanks for letting us know!

You know what I want in the future? Hologram movies 3-D with the actors literally around you.

... I guess it's possible they could also be doing a camera trick and just combining the 2 video feeds into one... That's actually my guess of how they are doing it.
 
0
•••
Rudy said:
Holy cow! I've been waiting for this to come out... I still have yet to see it in real life - but that picture is sweet. Thanks for letting us know!

You know what I want in the future? Hologram movies 3-D with the actors literally around you.

... I guess it's possible they could also be doing a camera trick and just combining the 2 video feeds into one... That's actually my guess of how they are doing it.

I was thinking of that but to be honest if they would do that, there wouldn't be that amateurish blue halo around that girl...IMO :)

Cheers

Frank
 
0
•••
i saw this live tonight. i wasn't expecting something so sci-fi when wolf was all like "first ever blah blah blah," so i was thoroughly amused. :gl:
 
0
•••
shockie said:
i saw this live tonight. i wasn't expecting something so sci-fi when wolf was all like "first ever blah blah blah," so i was thoroughly amused. :gl:

I've seen this too early today before I went to work. LOL it is amazing.
 
0
•••
I didn't see it. Going to try to find the Youtube vid if any.
 
0
•••
1
•••
Cool new feature on #1 CNN. :tu:

I gotta say too, that Jessica Yellin is pretty sweet! :xf.love: :red: :imho:

-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
LOL! It's a lot like what those futuristic movies have. :D
 
0
•••
0
•••
It truly seemed Star Wars, especially for the glittering blue contour of the hologram.
 
0
•••
Guys, seriously - this has got to be a camera trick. What they did was send the video feed back to the CNN studio and they overlaid the shots of Jessica onto the image being output to the world. Wolf (or whatever his name is - I didn't watch CNN last night, only this YouTube video) never actually saw Jessica, although he had an audio feed probably in his ear.

I'll explain why I think this:

1) The blue around her. This "blue glow" is common among movies (like Star Wars). Nice effect! But... that makes me even more skeptical. They put this blue glow around her just to make it look cool and make people think it's a hologram. If they have the technology to do a hologram (with all of the different colors being displayed) then they most certainly have the technology to make it look more real. It doesn't need that blue glow.

2) As I watched the video on YouTube, it seemed that in a few shots, she wasn't centered completely over the red area where the supposed hologram was supposed to be beamed from.

3) I'll admit that this is a fairly weak argument, but it's still worth considering: You'll notice (and I have heard) that all of the interactions that Jessica had with the guy were audio-based. There weren't that many hand gestures (to one another), and there were most certainly not ANY questions that were asked that only required a response by gesture - like nodding yes or no.

They were acting - and were quite good at it too. But I'm skeptical.
 
0
•••
Rudy said:
Guys, seriously - this has got to be a camera trick. What they did was send the video feed back to the CNN studio and they overlaid the shots of Jessica onto the image being output to the world. Wolf (or whatever his name is - I didn't watch CNN last night, only this YouTube video) never actually saw Jessica, although he had an audio feed probably in his ear.

I'll explain why I think this:

1) The blue around her. This "blue glow" is common among movies (like Star Wars). Nice effect! But... that makes me even more skeptical. They put this blue glow around her just to make it look cool and make people think it's a hologram. If they have the technology to do a hologram (with all of the different colors being displayed) then they most certainly have the technology to make it look more real. It doesn't need that blue glow.

2) As I watched the video on YouTube, it seemed that in a few shots, she wasn't centered completely over the red area where the supposed hologram was supposed to be beamed from.

3) I'll admit that this is a fairly weak argument, but it's still worth considering: You'll notice (and I have heard) that all of the interactions that Jessica had with the guy were audio-based. There weren't that many hand gestures (to one another), and there were most certainly not ANY questions that were asked that only required a response by gesture - like nodding yes or no.

They were acting - and were quite good at it too. But I'm skeptical.

It is always be good to be skeptical, i am skeptical all the time myself but why would CNN use some amateurish looking video feed if they could project her directly into the scene(like they do always in the movies... or the weather broadcast comes in mind)...I could even produce a better quality with combustion and my 4 year old laptop LOL...if it was a stunt from them than it was stupid because the truth will come out someday, somehow...:)

Cheers

Frank
 
0
•••
I saw that last night with a guy that did music for the obama campain, he had blue electic shock looking lights around him, get rid of that and it would work fine

Its just a neat way to get rid of a host talking to someone on a tv, like the old nightline show
 
0
•••
0
•••
I caught this live myself...


I imagine it will look smoother looking soon...

Star Wars is here.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back