Dynadot

.ws .WS - The Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

NameSilo
Watch

hugegrowth

DomainMedia.caTop Member
Impact
Well the .WS registry has been in the news this week for releasing all 5N to 20N combinations last night, and 2 and 3 character .ws will be available later in Feb with new pricing scheme.

.WS registry also has a presence on NP now:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ws...-ws-domains-will-be-released-tomorrow.915224/

Obviously the China story may be creating a new market for short .WS domains. ALL of the NNNN.ws were bought out over three days this past December according to thedomains.com blog.

I registered some 5N.ws last night when they were released, anyone else stepping into .WS now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have glass.ws

tablet.ws
laptop.ws

and others 20-30 that in this time i not remember :) what you think about it ?

•••
If anyone sells a .ws for any money please post them.

•••

I have received several inquiries for 7799.ws and ZZZ.ws. No sales at this stage though.

•••

here some .ws names for you for free:

Actress.ws
Absolute.ws
Adventures.ws
amuse.ws
angela.ws
apron.ws
architects.ws
audit.ws
boards.ws
camp.ws
carpet.ws

•••
The reseller market is weak, end users do pay $x,xxx if they really want the keyword, specially given the registry prices for .website .site etc.

Sounds like a good pick on the face of it, do let us know the name when you get it.

Here are a few of mine, to give you an idea of the 'type' I like:
artgallery.ws
exhibition.ws
exhibitions.ws
gadget.ws
interactive.ws
offers.ws
price.ws
prices.ws
public.ws
royalty.ws
scooter.ws
society.ws

How many of these types of domains have you sold for $x,xxx? Split between <$1k, $1-5k, >$5k+ How long will you renew these types of domains before you drop them?

Last edited:
•••
I have received several inquiries for 7799.ws and ZZZ.ws. No sales at this stage though.

What are your asking prices?

•••
•••
Obviously too much ;)

Obviously :) We are in the business of selling domains. Why would we be willingly asking too much for our domains? Have you decided to lower your prices for any new inquiries?

•••
Looks like only the emojis are getting sales here anymore. Last year you could maybe make a little money for a really, really good one:

photography.ws 675 USD 2016-06-23 Flippa

But even then it probably wasn't happening.

xn--128h.ws 698 USD 2017-07-23 GoDaddy
xn--4q8h.ws 1,275 USD 2017-07-22 GoDaddy
xn--5n8h.ws 939 USD 2017-07-11 GoDaddy
xn--b28h.ws 710 USD 2017-07-11 GoDaddy
posters.ws 352 USD 2017-07-10 Dynadot
xn--018h.ws 610 USD 2017-07-04 GoDaddy
xn--eci.ws 550 USD 2017-06-22 Sedo
xn--68h.ws 475 USD 2017-06-22 Sedo
samoaair.ws 205 USD 2017-06-21 GoDaddy
mimp3s.ws 510 USD 2017-03-03 GoDaddy
cinema4d.ws 148 USD 2017-02-13 GoDaddy
kitchen.ws 100 USD 2017-01-20 GoDaddy
xn--1-2sn.ws 101 USD 2017-01-19 Flippa
wstats.ws 407 USD 2017-01-18 GoDaddy
vido.ws 227 USD 2017-01-15 GoDaddy
lawadvice.ws 130 USD 2017-01-09 GoDaddy

•••
Obviously :) We are in the business of selling domains. Why would we be willingly asking too much for our domains? Have you decided to lower your prices for any new inquiries?

By 'too much', I mean too much for that particular buyer at that time. Asking prices are definitely lower.

•••
Looks like only the emojis are getting sales here anymore. Last year you could maybe make a little money for a really, really good one:

photography.ws 675 USD 2016-06-23 Flippa

But even then it probably wasn't happening.

xn--128h.ws 698 USD 2017-07-23 GoDaddy
xn--4q8h.ws 1,275 USD 2017-07-22 GoDaddy
xn--5n8h.ws 939 USD 2017-07-11 GoDaddy
xn--b28h.ws 710 USD 2017-07-11 GoDaddy
posters.ws 352 USD 2017-07-10 Dynadot
xn--018h.ws 610 USD 2017-07-04 GoDaddy
xn--eci.ws 550 USD 2017-06-22 Sedo
xn--68h.ws 475 USD 2017-06-22 Sedo
samoaair.ws 205 USD 2017-06-21 GoDaddy
mimp3s.ws 510 USD 2017-03-03 GoDaddy
cinema4d.ws 148 USD 2017-02-13 GoDaddy
kitchen.ws 100 USD 2017-01-20 GoDaddy
xn--1-2sn.ws 101 USD 2017-01-19 Flippa
wstats.ws 407 USD 2017-01-18 GoDaddy
vido.ws 227 USD 2017-01-15 GoDaddy
lawadvice.ws 130 USD 2017-01-09 GoDaddy

Exactly Nat, they might as well rebrand as "Hi we are .WS the emoji extension."

•••
Exactly Nat, they might as well rebrand as "Hi we are .WS the emoji extension."

I hope people who are investing here are doing well on their investments but as for that specific suggestion for a dot ws new marketing pitch around their emoji brand, I think that would actually be a pretty smart move.

•••
Anyone know the current total .ws domains registered or a have a link?

•••
The reseller market is weak, end users do pay $x,xxx if they really want the keyword, specially given the registry prices for .website .site etc.

Sounds like a good pick on the face of it, do let us know the name when you get it.

Here are a few of mine, to give you an idea of the 'type' I like:
artgallery.ws
exhibition.ws
exhibitions.ws
gadget.ws
interactive.ws
offers.ws
price.ws
prices.ws
public.ws
royalty.ws
scooter.ws
society.ws

Thank you. That's a nice list you have there too. I most certainly will let you know asap as I am eager to share it.

•••
here some .ws names for you for free:

Actress.ws
Absolute.ws
Adventures.ws
amuse.ws
angela.ws
apron.ws
architects.ws
audit.ws
boards.ws
camp.ws
carpet.ws
I'll pass even for free but thank you.

•••
I'll pass even for free but thank you.

If you pass audit.ws or carpet.ws for free, what names are you looking for to pay then?

•••
Some of the best ones I let drop this year (held for one year):

Today.ws
Sort.ws
Install.ws
Tune.ws
Count.ws

Maybe "ws" means "dead extension, not coming back to life" in Pin Yin :)

•••
@Nat Hunt - your translation appears to be accurate : grin : Those are excellent keywords.

Just for fun I re-ran my lists from last year and I was tempted to get some that had been on my shortlist and were taken last year and are available again. Then I came to my senses LOL.

The way they run the WS registry is just so odd. If they would like to boost their numbers they should share the drops publicly. The two I am sitting on I only kept because I found the discount transfer and renewal. There seems to be an ample amount of decent words available for hand reg.

I hope people who are investing here are doing well on their investments but as for that specific suggestion for a dot ws new marketing pitch around their emoji brand, I think that would actually be a pretty smart move.

Smart moves are not their strong point : wink :

•••
freecreditreport.ws
jobsearch.ws
funny.ws

All for sale, if anyone is interested.

•••
If you pass audit.ws or carpet.ws for free, what names are you looking for to pay then?
Ive had what i thought were great .ws -I was wrong-I wouldnt buy another .ws with your money never mind my own.

•••
How many of these types of domains have you sold for $x,xxx? Split between <$1k, $1-5k, >$5k+ How long will you renew these types of domains before you drop them?
Only one sale of $1,xxx and that I think was an aberration. But a few in the $500-$1k range, which covered all my costs till date, including purchase prices. Like I said, more an extension for developers than investors.

They're both excellent domains, I sold carpets for $500 a few years back on Sedo.

But I'm certainly not buying any more, in fact was contemplating dropping all of them, then got a couple of offers and decided against dropping thm, not like I'm able to get the same keywords in any other extension at these prices.

Last edited:
•••
Well guys today is the day, it's in my account! The 4L. Keyword .ws is.....

VAPE .ws :cigar:

•••
Only one sale of $1,xxx and that I think was an aberration. But a few in the $500-$1k range, which covered all my costs till date, including purchase prices. Like I said, more an extension for developers than investors.

I think your success on selling .ws domains (breaking even), is not easy to emulate ;) I would agree that .ws is more attractive to developers than investors. But only slightly better ;)

•••
Any .ws Sale , Pending sale or inquiry ? Please let us know

Regards

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back