IT.COM

.ws .WS - The Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hugegrowth

DomainMedia.caTop Member
Impact
Well the .WS registry has been in the news this week for releasing all 5N to 20N combinations last night, and 2 and 3 character .ws will be available later in Feb with new pricing scheme.

.WS registry also has a presence on NP now:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ws...-ws-domains-will-be-released-tomorrow.915224/

Obviously the China story may be creating a new market for short .WS domains. ALL of the NNNN.ws were bought out over three days this past December according to thedomains.com blog.

I registered some 5N.ws last night when they were released, anyone else stepping into .WS now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can someone explain ws to me? Theres is basically 0 sales in namebio. Just few from some obscure site nicked.net for few hundred. Why are you guys buying this stuff? There is basically 0 sales of it.

•••
I'm going to build all mine out, and sell different styles of Chop Sticks.

•••
Can someone explain ws to me? Theres is basically 0 sales in namebio. Just few from some obscure site nicked.net for few hundred. Why are you guys buying this stuff? There is basically 0 sales of it.
2 and 3 character .ws were never available before (or only at high annual renewal).
5 to 20 number .ws were also just recently made available.
There is an auction on at Namejet right now for 23 .ws domains, mostly LL.ws and NNN.ws, the first auctions end in about 2 weeks. I think there will also be more auctions after that of short .ws

.ws has definitely been a sleeper, and there would probably be more sales history if the short character and numeric domains that have become popular in the last year, had been available from the beginning years ago. So it is ground floor now, some people think it will fly with help from China, others don't. We have to wait and see.

•••
The 4L's weren't available either for a while. I don't know the particulars. Essentially everything that the Chinese like was restricted or had a $500+ a year renewal. Now that's all gone.

•••
Would have been genius for .ws if they had done this at the start of 2015. Question is, is there any steam left in the market or are they late to the party. We'll see. I'm sure sales will start to happen and we'll see a sales history being created at Namebio.

Keep an eye here to see if 4L and 5N start drawing down.
http://website.ws/released.dhtml

So far it has been a slow pace for 4L and 5N regs.

•••
trave in china is lvxing,hehe,not luxing.
before you "hehe" my friend you might want to check the spelling against how the type pops up. v vs u dictionary.reverso.net/english-chinese/travel en.bab.la/dictionary/english-chinese/travel

Last edited:
•••
Would have been genius for .ws if they had done this at the start of 2015. Question is, is there any steam left in the market or are they late to the party. We'll see. I'm sure sales will start to happen and we'll see a sales history being created at Namebio.

Keep an eye here to see if 4L and 5N start drawing down.
http://website.ws/released.dhtml

So far it has been a slow pace for 4L and 5N regs.

If there's no steam left than we're all screwed lol. At least I'll have my out, selling chop sticks. I like name bio, but you can't see any movement there until it gets to $100.

As far as quite an investment, It's a decent amount that I bought today, But I sold 2 "word domains" today and only reinvested around 15% on these.

•••
@ikehook It is good you are going for the 4L but if you are going to use vowels you need them to equal full pinyin phrases. I didn't say random 4L, I said real words! just to give you an idea...I ran this short list of single pin-yin word that consist of 4 letters:
tian
ding
jiao
tong
jing
ying
zhan
meng
kuan
shou
xian
shui
zhou
chai
qian
chai
zuan
zhai
tang
chou
bian
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WAS ALREADY REGISTERED!
On the surface, to a non-chinese, these appear similar to what you have. The reason these 4L are gone and your were not, is that these 4L combinations make up a complete Chinese character, which represents a word - these are not Chinese acronyms (they are better than chips!)

What you have are NON-CHIP / NON-WORD 4L, which is much lower value than the pinyin or English words.

Chinese invest into English words too, it works both ways. We are trying to register things Chinese value in hopes to resell, they are trying just as hard to register valuable English words too. There is nothing wrong with this, but unless you get respectable names that one or the other, or both, can appreciate, you are not making the best possible investment.

It makes sense you want to invest in the Chinese domains, me too. Problem now is, most of the premium 4L are taken. There are still lots of 4L chips, which might be the next best valuable thing here, problem is the letters and patterns left are not particularly good. Still though, I am afraid to say that a CHIP like BLBH.ws is probably a lot more valuable than what you have, and many like that are still available. You could always grace delete and try to get some 4L with no AEIOUV, or at least make sure what you have are real pin-yin phrases. The pin-yin phrases I speak of will more than likely be 5L+, still better than 4L CHIPS like BLBH.ws. This is not always absolute though, you need GOOD phrases like you need GOOD chips. There is a ton to know before you can be effective.

All that said, you probably have some really nice 5L + pin-yin words there.

•••
•••
@ikehook It is good you are going for the 4L but if you are going to use vowels you need them to equal full pinyin phrases. I didn't say random 4L, I said real words! just to give you an idea...I ran this short list of single pin-yin word that consist of 4 letters:
tian
ding
jiao
tong
jing
ying
zhan
meng
kuan
shou
xian
shui
zhou
chai
qian
chai
zuan
zhai
tang
chou
bian
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WAS ALREADY REGISTERED!
On the surface, to a non-chinese, these appear similar to what you have. The reason these 4L are gone and your were not, is that these 4L combinations make up a complete Chinese character, which represents a word - these are not Chinese acronyms (they are better than chips!)

What you have are NON-CHIP / NON-WORD 4L, which is much lower value than the pinyin or English words.

Chinese invest into English words too, it works both ways. We are trying to register things Chinese value in hopes to resell, they are trying just as hard to register valuable English words too. There is nothing wrong with this, but unless you get respectable names that one or the other, or both, can appreciate, you are not making the best possible investment.

It makes sense you want to invest in the Chinese domains, me too. Problem now is, most of the premium 4L are taken. There are still lots of 4L chips, which might be the next best valuable thing here, problem is the letters and patterns left are not particularly good. Still though, I am afraid to say that a CHIP like BLBH.ws is probably a lot more valuable than what you have, and many like that are still available. You could always grace delete and try to get some 4L with no AEIOUV, or at least make sure what you have are real pin-yin phrases. The pin-yin phrases I speak of will more than likely be 5L+, still better than 4L CHIPS like BLBH.ws. This is not always absolute though, you need GOOD phrases like you need GOOD chips. There is a ton to know before you can be effective.

I'm not sure what you're saying. I started translating. I didn't make the list up my self, I pulled it from a college resource of the 10K most used Pinyin words.

gequ.ws song
xipi.ws happy and giggling
moni.ws imitation to simulate to imitate
yugu.ws to estimate to forecast prediction projection
lifa.ws legislation a barber hairdressing
dage.ws great revolution
ciji.ws to provoke to irritate to upset to stimulate to excite irritant
buan.ws unpeaceful unstable uneasy disturbed restless worried
puji.ws popular to popularize universal ubiquitous pervasive
malu.ws street road
dida.ws arrive reach (a destination)
lequ.ws delight pleasure joy
wuli.ws physical resources, physics , physical
juda.ws huge immense very large tremendous gigantic enormous
ciqi.ws up here, down there (idiom); to rise and fall in succession no sooner one subsides, the next arises repeating continuously
dili.ws geography, soil fertility , land capability
ouer.ws occasionally once in a while sometimes
kepa.ws awful dreadful fearful formidable frightful scary hideous horrible terrible terribly
yilu.ws same uniformly all without exception
duzi.ws alone, belly, abdomen, stomach
riqi.ws date, date of birth
zuyi.ws sufficient to... so much so that so that
dute.ws unique distinct having special characteristics
qudi.ws to ban to prohibit (publications, customs etc) to outlaw to suppress (violators)
guyi.ws deliberately on purpose
yiti.ws one body
timu.ws subject title topic
fuda.ws uproarious hilarious to split one's sides laughing lit. to hold one's belly with both hands
riyi.ws day by day more and more increasingly more and more with each passing day
wuqi.ws server (computer), weapon arms
gean.ws a case an individual case case-by-case
yufa.ws grammar
siji.ws four seasons, namely: spring 春, summer 夏, autumn 秋 and winter 冬
buru.ws not equal to not as good as inferior to it would be better to
yiju.ws in a word in short, according to basis foundation
keti.ws task problem issue
naer.ws
qiyu.ws weather forecast, the rest , the others , remaining , remainder , apart from them
huyu.ws to call on (sb to do sth) to appeal (to) an appeal
jine.ws sum of money monetary value
dapo.ws to break to smash
niou.ws
xiai.ws to like to love to be fond of favorite
zuhe.ws tenant person who leases
guji.ws to estimate to reckon

•••
LOL, very nice then you just proved my post pointless! you have 4L that actually mean things. Those are better than I thought! I am not native Chinese speaker myself. I have long lists of premium pin-yin 4L but none of yours are on it. GJ

•••
I also crossed referenced them with Yabla and another translation online tool. While I was registering them I compared them to .club registrations which is highly registered in China but wouldn't have as many registrations as .CC or .xyz in pinyin. All of the names that I registered were taken in the .club as well as all major extensions.

•••
I am seeing a lot of money going down the drain!

•••
I am seeing a lot of money going down the drain!
No I have Chop Stick selling back up plan. Come on you have to read the whole thread.

•••
And If you think that's a lot of money down the drain look at this! I almost hope they don't go up in value, I'm pretty sure I can make the chop stick idea work.

bjqq.ws
shqq.ws
shyy.ws
bjyy.ws
bjww.ws
shww.ws
shgg.ws
bjgg.ws
shcc.ws
bjcc.ws
zyzy.ws
xyxy.ws
wywy.ws
tyty.ws
sysy.ws
ryry.ws
qyqy.ws
pypy.ws
nyny.ws
mymy.ws
lyly.ws
kyky.ws
hyhy.ws
gygy.ws
fyfy.ws
dydy.ws
cycy.ws
byby.ws
zxzx.ws
yxyx.ws
wxwx.ws
txtx.ws
sxsx.ws
rxrx.ws
qxqx.ws
pxpx.ws
nxnx.ws
mxmx.ws
lxlx.ws
kxkx.ws
jxjx.ws
hxhx.ws
gxgx.ws
dxdx.ws
cxcx.ws
bxbx.ws
zwzw.ws
ywyw.ws
xwxw.ws
twtw.ws
rwrw.ws
qwqw.ws
pwpw.ws
nwnw.ws
mwmw.ws
lwlw.ws
kwkw.ws
jwjw.ws
hwhw.ws
gwgw.ws
fwfw.ws
dwdw.ws
cwcw.ws
bwbw.ws
ztzt.ws
ytyt.ws
xtxt.ws
wtwt.ws
stst.ws
rtrt.ws
qtqt.ws
ptpt.ws
ntnt.ws
mtmt.ws
ltlt.ws
ktkt.ws
jtjt.ws
htht.ws
gtgt.ws
ftft.ws
dtdt.ws
ctct.ws
btbt.ws
zszs.ws
ysys.ws
xsxs.ws
tsts.ws
rsrs.ws
qsqs.ws
psps.ws
nsns.ws
lsls.ws
ksks.ws
jsjs.ws
hshs.ws
gsgs.ws
fsfs.ws
dsds.ws
bsbs.ws
zrzr.ws
yryr.ws
xrxr.ws
wrwr.ws
trtr.ws
srsr.ws
qrqr.ws
prpr.ws
nrnr.ws
mrmr.ws
lrlr.ws
krkr.ws
jrjr.ws
hrhr.ws
grgr.ws
drdr.ws
crcr.ws
zqzq.ws
yqyq.ws
xqxq.ws
wqwq.ws
tqtq.ws
sqsq.ws
rqrq.ws
pqpq.ws
nqnq.ws
mqmq.ws
lqlq.ws
kqkq.ws
jqjq.ws
hqhq.ws
gqgq.ws
fqfq.ws
dqdq.ws
cqcq.ws
bqbq.ws
zpzp.ws
ypyp.ws
xpxp.ws
wpwp.ws
tptp.ws
spsp.ws
rprp.ws
qpqp.ws
npnp.ws
mpmp.ws
lplp.ws
kpkp.ws
jpjp.ws
hphp.ws
gpgp.ws
fpfp.ws
dpdp.ws
cpcp.ws
bpbp.ws
znzn.ws
ynyn.ws
xnxn.ws
wnwn.ws
tntn.ws
snsn.ws
rnrn.ws
qnqn.ws
pnpn.ws
mnmn.ws
lnln.ws
knkn.ws
jnjn.ws
hnhn.ws
gngn.ws
fnfn.ws
dndn.ws
bnbn.ws
zmzm.ws
xmxm.ws
wmwm.ws
tmtm.ws
smsm.ws
rmrm.ws
qmqm.ws
nmnm.ws
lmlm.ws
kmkm.ws
jmjm.ws
hmhm.ws
gmgm.ws
fmfm.ws
dmdm.ws
cmcm.ws
bmbm.ws
zlzl.ws
ylyl.ws
xlxl.ws
wlwl.ws
tltl.ws
slsl.ws
rlrl.ws
qlql.ws
plpl.ws
nlnl.ws
mlml.ws
klkl.ws
jljl.ws
hlhl.ws
glgl.ws
flfl.ws
dldl.ws
clcl.ws
zkzk.ws
ykyk.ws
xkxk.ws
wkwk.ws
tktk.ws
sksk.ws
rkrk.ws
qkqk.ws
pkpk.ws
nknk.ws
mkmk.ws
lklk.ws
jkjk.ws
hkhk.ws
gkgk.ws
fkfk.ws
dkdk.ws
ckck.ws
bkbk.ws
zjzj.ws
yjyj.ws
xjxj.ws
wjwj.ws
tjtj.ws
sjsj.ws
rjrj.ws
qjqj.ws
pjpj.ws
njnj.ws
mjmj.ws
ljlj.ws
kjkj.ws
hjhj.ws
gjgj.ws
fjfj.ws
djdj.ws
cjcj.ws
zhzh.ws
yhyh.ws
xhxh.ws
whwh.ws
thth.ws
rhrh.ws
qhqh.ws
phph.ws
nhnh.ws
mhmh.ws
lhlh.ws
khkh.ws
jhjh.ws
ghgh.ws
fhfh.ws
dhdh.ws
bhbh.ws
zgzg.ws
ygyg.ws
xgxg.ws
wgwg.ws
tgtg.ws
sgsg.ws
rgrg.ws
qgqg.ws
pgpg.ws
ngng.ws
mgmg.ws
lglg.ws
kgkg.ws
jgjg.ws
fgfg.ws
dgdg.ws
cgcg.ws
bgbg.ws
zfzf.ws
yfyf.ws
xfxf.ws
wfwf.ws
tftf.ws
rfrf.ws
qfqf.ws
pfpf.ws
nfnf.ws
mfmf.ws
lflf.ws
kfkf.ws
jfjf.ws
hfhf.ws
gfgf.ws
dfdf.ws
cfcf.ws
bfbf.ws
zdzd.ws
ydyd.ws
wdwd.ws
tdtd.ws
sdsd.ws
rdrd.ws
qdqd.ws
pdpd.ws
ndnd.ws
mdmd.ws
ldld.ws
kdkd.ws
jdjd.ws
hdhd.ws
gdgd.ws
cdcd.ws
bdbd.ws
zczc.ws
ycyc.ws
xcxc.ws
wcwc.ws
tctc.ws
rcrc.ws
qcqc.ws
pcpc.ws
ncnc.ws
mcmc.ws
lclc.ws
kckc.ws
jcjc.ws
hchc.ws
gcgc.ws
fcfc.ws
dcdc.ws
zbzb.ws
ybyb.ws
xbxb.ws
wbwb.ws
tbtb.ws
zzyy.ws
zzxx.ws
zzww.ws
zztt.ws
zzss.ws
zzqq.ws
zzpp.ws
zznn.ws
zzll.ws
zzkk.ws
zzjj.ws
zzhh.ws
zzgg.ws
zzff.ws
zzdd.ws
yyzz.ws
yyxx.ws
yyww.ws
yytt.ws
yyss.ws
yyrr.ws
yyqq.ws
yypp.ws
yynn.ws
yymm.ws
yyll.ws
yykk.ws
yyjj.ws
yyhh.ws
yygg.ws
yyff.ws
yydd.ws
yycc.ws
yybb.ws
wwzz.ws
wwyy.ws
wwtt.ws
wwrr.ws
wwqq.ws
wwpp.ws
wwnn.ws
wwll.ws
wwkk.ws
wwjj.ws
wwhh.ws
wwgg.ws
wwff.ws
wwdd.ws
wwcc.ws
wwbb.ws
ttzz.ws
ttyy.ws
ttxx.ws
ttrr.ws
ttqq.ws
ttll.ws
ttkk.ws
ttjj.ws
tthh.ws
ttgg.ws
ttff.ws
sszz.ws
ssyy.ws
ssxx.ws
ssww.ws
ssrr.ws
ssmm.ws
ssll.ws
ssjj.ws
sshh.ws
ssgg.ws
ssff.ws
ssbb.ws
rrzz.ws
rrxx.ws
rrww.ws
rrtt.ws
rrqq.ws
rrpp.ws
rrnn.ws
rrmm.ws
rrll.ws
rrkk.ws
rrjj.ws
rrhh.ws
rrgg.ws
rrff.ws
rrdd.ws
rrcc.ws
rrbb.ws
qqzz.ws
qqyy.ws
qqxx.ws
qqww.ws
qqss.ws
qqpp.ws
qqll.ws
qqjj.ws
qqhh.ws
qqgg.ws
qqff.ws
qqdd.ws
qqcc.ws
qqbb.ws
ppzz.ws
ppyy.ws
ppxx.ws
pptt.ws
pprr.ws
ppnn.ws
ppmm.ws
ppll.ws
ppkk.ws
ppjj.ws
pphh.ws
ppgg.ws
ppff.ws
ppdd.ws
ppbb.ws
nnzz.ws
nnyy.ws
nnxx.ws
nnww.ws
nntt.ws
nnss.ws
nnrr.ws
nnqq.ws
nnmm.ws
nnll.ws
nnkk.ws
nnjj.ws
nnhh.ws
nngg.ws
nnff.ws
nndd.ws
nncc.ws
nnbb.ws
mmyy.ws
mmxx.ws
mmww.ws
mmtt.ws
mmss.ws
mmrr.ws
mmqq.ws
mmpp.ws
mmkk.ws
mmjj.ws
mmhh.ws
mmgg.ws
mmff.ws
mmdd.ws
mmcc.ws
mmbb.ws
llzz.ws
llyy.ws
llxx.ws
llww.ws
lltt.ws
llss.ws
llrr.ws
llqq.ws
llpp.ws
llnn.ws
llkk.ws
lljj.ws
llhh.ws
llgg.ws
llff.ws
lldd.ws
llcc.ws
llbb.ws
kkzz.ws
kkyy.ws
kkxx.ws
kkww.ws
kktt.ws
kkss.ws
kkrr.ws
kkpp.ws
kknn.ws
kkmm.ws
kkjj.ws
kkhh.ws
kkgg.ws
kkff.ws
kkdd.ws
kkcc.ws
kkbb.ws
jjzz.ws
jjyy.ws
jjxx.ws
jjww.ws
jjtt.ws
jjss.ws
jjrr.ws
jjqq.ws
jjpp.ws
jjnn.ws
jjmm.ws
jjll.ws
jjhh.ws
jjgg.ws
jjff.ws
jjdd.ws
jjcc.ws
jjbb.ws
hhzz.ws
hhyy.ws
hhxx.ws
hhww.ws
hhtt.ws
hhss.ws
hhrr.ws
hhqq.ws
hhpp.ws
hhnn.ws
hhmm.ws
hhll.ws
hhkk.ws
hhgg.ws
hhff.ws
hhdd.ws
hhcc.ws
hhbb.ws
ggzz.ws
ggyy.ws
ggxx.ws
ggww.ws
ggss.ws
ggrr.ws
ggqq.ws
ggpp.ws
ggnn.ws
ggll.ws
ggkk.ws
ggjj.ws
ggff.ws
ggdd.ws
ggcc.ws
ffzz.ws
ffyy.ws
ffxx.ws
ffww.ws
fftt.ws
ffss.ws
ffqq.ws
ffpp.ws
ffnn.ws
ffmm.ws
ffll.ws
ffkk.ws
ffjj.ws
ffhh.ws
ffdd.ws
ffcc.ws
ffbb.ws
ddzz.ws
ddyy.ws
ddxx.ws
ddww.ws
ddtt.ws
ddrr.ws
ddqq.ws
ddpp.ws
ddnn.ws
ddmm.ws
ddll.ws
ddkk.ws
ddjj.ws
ddhh.ws
ddgg.ws
ccyy.ws
ccxx.ws
ccww.ws
cctt.ws
ccrr.ws
ccqq.ws
ccnn.ws
ccll.ws
sbsb.ws
rbrb.ws
qbqb.ws
pbpb.ws
nbnb.ws
mbmb.ws
lblb.ws
kbkb.ws
jbjb.ws
hbhb.ws
gbgb.ws
fbfb.ws
dbdb.ws
cbcb.ws
ccjj.ws
ccgg.ws
ccff.ws
bbyy.ws
bbxx.ws
bbww.ws
bbtt.ws
bbrr.ws
bbqq.ws
bbpp.ws
bbnn.ws
bbmm.ws
bbll.ws
bbkk.ws
bbjj.ws
bbhh.ws
bbgg.ws
bbff.ws
bbdd.ws
bjsh.ws
gggh.ws
hghg.ws
chch.ws
pppq.ws
wwwq.ws

•••
No I have Chop Stick selling back up plan. Come on you have to read the whole thread.
Right and left handed chopsticks?

And the winner is - .ws registry!

•••
of course, all shapes and sizes. Maybe even give away some .info's with each set.

•••
Lol nice list! Let's hope next week you get offered twice what you paid! So much better than 5N!

•••
•••
Lol nice list! Let's hope next week you get offered twice what you paid! So much better than 5N!
Lol well, I didn't show you those.... They're part of my fortune cookie business if they fail.

•••
•••

And the winner is - .ws registry!
And Seriously Wot?! LOL You have a Hyphenated 7 character .cn in your signature line. I love it don't get me wrong, and a bunch or numeric GTLD's that the Chinese don't even know about, Yet you hate .ws?

•••
@ikehook when did you reg the AABB and ABAB patterns?

•••
When Nick posted on here that they were available.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back