IT.COM

Wrong ads showing, I know why, but not really...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Answer me this:

I have a site about a disease that can cause cervical cancer in women. I run adsense on it and make about 5 dollars a day. So I figured to make more money, I woudl make a new site using the same format of the disease site but a different topic. The topic is completely different (Fort Lauderdale Real estate) but the ads for the other site show up and (obviously) have nothing to do with fort lauderdale real estate... Any idea what coudl cause this? I thought it read the content of the page and decided the ads based on that. The page is http://www.mediaspree.com/lauderdale/ if you want to see what I'm talking about

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's because of the high cancer rate in Ft. Lauderdale...kidding of course. But I'm also interested in what happened here.

What would really suck is if real estate ads started appearing on your other site...there goes your $5 a day.

•••
Because MediaBot hasn't indexed your new page yet, it just throws ads up for the same topic which you have hosted on the same server and similar directory.

It will fix itself soon if it can find enough content to support a new keyword at topic.

-Allan

•••
It usually only takes a few mins for that. So that's really odd. I like the Idea for the cancer their. lol. Try e-mailing google and let them know.

•••
While I don't condone cancer "jokes" I appreciate your responses. Now its showing "herpes" links. Thats not right at all. Completely different. Oh well. I hope it corrects itself soon so I can start adding to and promoting the real estate site.

•••
How long ago did you add it?

•••
mediaspree said:
While I don't condone cancer "jokes" I appreciate your responses.

I didn't mean to offend or seem insensitive. We all know people touched by cancer. For me, personally, I've always found humor to be a way to deal with such things.

Sorry if my words touched a sore spot.

Dan

•••
•••
mediaspree said:
While I don't condone cancer "jokes" I appreciate your responses. Now its showing "herpes" links. Thats not right at all. Completely different. Oh well. I hope it corrects itself soon so I can start adding to and promoting the real estate site.

They are connected (Herpes and cervical cancer) so that's not that far off base.

-Allan

•••
Yeah I was just kidding to didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything.

•••
Ok you're still getting non-targeted ads, you might update the page so you get recrawled to try to fix it.

Best of luck,
Allan

•••
The Adsense bot will either hasn't visited that page yet and is pulling targeting from another area hosted on the same domain, OR the first time Googlebot hit that page it had cancer related content on it. Adsense can be very slow to change its mind about a page's conent -- sometimes a week. That's why it's always a good idea to get your content correct on a page before you ad Adsense. Tweaking content will result in Adsense changes that are far from instant.

•••
I guess is still has not indexed the page as the wrong ads are still showing up. I submitted it to their search, link to it from here in my sig, is there anything else I can do to try and get google to at least look at my page so I can start promoting it ? What if I buy some adwords for it, will google look at it then?

•••
Try putting some Fort Lauderdale keywords in the meta tags. I noticed in fooling around with my sites that keywords affect the ads, and since you don't have any keywords maybe Google is automatically pulling from your other site since it's all under the same account.

I may be waaaaaay off base here, but worth a try...it's not like it'll take very long to try.

Dan

•••
•••
Thanks to everyone who helped out, the problem has corrected itself across the board. Now time to start promoting the site!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back