Dynadot

Would You Use This Service?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm considering opening a service for a select few domain names. It's a little like a domain brokerage, except I don't contact anyone on your behalf.

I'm proposing a service in which I find real potential buyers for your domain names that you can then review and email if you think they're a good fit for your domain.

I have a huge amount of experience with outbound domain sales, so I'm fairly good at finding the right buyers.

Would you use this service? Feel free to PM me to discuss whether you would or not.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interested, yes, conditionally, as with any such service, contingent on terms and costs (y)

•••
•••
Of course, but you will have to state the terms and conditions attached to the service first.

•••
•••
Yeah...deoending on the conditions involved
.most important being tthe cost if any. It also depends if the cost is pre sales or post sales.

•••
•••
This is quite on the high side considering the fact that most people that will use this service are beginners in the domain world

that amount is no higher than backorder costs at namejet, snapnames, etc.

and following your assumption that most users of such services would be newbies, then that means the provider will have to work extra hard.... cuz newbies tend to have lower quality names.

so it's equitable

imo....

•••
•••
James mentioned this idea to me last year, so I can vouch for what he's saying. If the price is right, I'd consider it for some names. James, like I mentioned to you last year- I'd prefer paying a small percentage from sales that will materialize as a result of your end user research rather than paying an upfront fee for the data. It's much easier paying when there's a definite sale, and it will be more lucrative for you too, I think.

Last edited:
•••
p.s. I think a percentage from sales instead of an upfront fee will also make people feel better about using your services, because then they will know for sure that you're making an effort to find the best possible end users since you'll have a vested interest in the success of the sale.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for posting Eric

but, it really doesn't help

i know James is not a mod, nor did i insinuate that he deleted my post

i just said, it was "funny how this thread popped up, just one day after my post was deleted in another thread".

as for being antagonistic, who decides that and was it an independent thought, or one based on "whoever deleted it" personal opinion of me. or some perceived intention?

cuz there's a principle involved.

imo...

Update - Resolved:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Paying $69 or whatever for a list of end users is crazy, you can easily find them yourself. And very quickly if you know how.

•••
I would give it a try at least

the last similar offer announced here
-not biggies-
was -at least for me -

"total desaster "

Last edited:
•••
It's not that I'm doubting that you would be able to find quality leads, I'm just trying to understand what sorta of value add would your service bring to the table? (apart from the obvious time saving) - I mean most of us are able to gather this info on our own....basically what I'm asking is, do you have a few techniques up your sleeve that are unique and exclusive to your service that most of us wouldn't know about?

•••
•••
So, I have domain*com. I post it there and you tell me to email life insurance companies because they're the best match.

Whats the added value? Will you at least provide the email itself /contact info?

•••
Paying $69 or whatever for a list of end users is crazy, you can easily find them yourself. And very quickly if you know how.

I'd be pleased for you to elaborate the "how".

•••
I'm considering opening a service for a select few domain names. It's a little like a domain brokerage, except I don't contact anyone on your behalf.

I'm proposing a service in which I find real potential buyers for your domain names that you can then review and email if you think they're a good fit for your domain.

I have a huge amount of experience with outbound domain sales, so I'm fairly good at finding the right buyers.

Would you use this service? Feel free to PM me to discuss whether you would or not.

It depends on what you have to offer and what extra you bring to the table. Also the fine print would need to be covered. I think for a noob. They'd at least want you to write the email for them. Maybe even involved in every stage of the negotiation. I can't see a noob paying you X$ and you leaving them to mess up any potential sale. What if all we got were refusals? Do we get credited?

Last edited:
•••
I'd be pleased for you to elaborate the "how".

Try out the software in my signature. I could help with a quick start primer on how to use it.

•••
@TampaDomains I'm getting both connection timed out or internal sever error - connection terminated for getbusinessemail.com

•••
hmm it was working. let me see whats going on.

•••
Godaddy is down is the problem. lol

•••
Would this be a correct redefinition?

Personal adviser providing information, advice and guidance to help domainers make realistic choices that can lead to successful sales.

Kind regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back