• 2nd (tie)

Dot what?

votes
    0.0%

• 2 votes
  • Ended 12 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
Blacknight.com, a European Web host and registrar based in Ireland, want to help customers (not domainers) get noticed online with .ME domains.

From now until November 22, 2012 Blacknight will offer the "Minimus.me" promotion in which customers (not domainers) register a .Me domain name for only €3.99+vat/$5.08 with the purchase of a yearly Minimus Hosting plan.

Blacknight's press release notable quotes are
  • .ME is the "Internet extension for the people"
  • and is the "fastest growing domain in Europe
and
  • is ideal for individuals families and startups
  • .ME is the perfect way to create a completely personalized identity online.

• .ME domain is the ultimate form of self expression on-line
(not the blogs, personal websites, life streaming and sharing photos they previously mentioned)

Most importantly:
  • Not only is it great because there are still loads of good names available

I personally don't have any .ME names but I seem to notice that hosts with large marketing budgets that debut new products to the market dream up this free with hosting BS.

It's hard to believe John T. Public knows exactly what services a hosting company actually offer.

In reference to business in general, with so much availability of .me domain names, it would probably be a great time to market and hold onto strong super premium .me domains. I've noticed a plenty a newbie's natural instinct is to hand reg everything in site based on speculation. Don't. It's just a press release.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The real strength of .ME is the all to ego-us, hence better recall rates for marketeers. Only short and jing.ly .ME will do. Long and random characters are useless.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back