Dynadot

debate Would you sell your LLLL or usd 100 or Low

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domain12345

Established Member
Impact
When buyers requesting LLLL for less than 100 usd...how many would be willing to sell ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on the combination of Ls, and what the acquisition/lifetime cost has been, and what the real prospect of selling it elsewhere are - obviously TLD matters in that equation too :)

•••
atm a reseller is selling 40+ LLLL.com for 100$(some for more)
so he must have got them for much lower to resell for 100$

Last edited:
•••

Please don't start applying business logic to domaining - others will emulate you and then we're all doomed ;)

•••
Please don't start applying business logic to domaining - others will emulate you and then we're all doomed ;)
isn't domaining a business like any other ? would like to hear your point of view on this

•••
isn't domaining a business like any other ?
Nooooo, it's a hobby and therefore should be an ongoing cost and absolutely never a profit-center ;)

•••
nvm-

Last edited:
•••
If i needed instant cash.

Random letters dot com fetches around $100

Why not?

Samer

Last edited:
•••
That is the going investor/reseller rate for random 4L at the moment.. Great buys right now in my opinion, the price will only go up from here.

•••
It depends on the name. Unpronounceable jibberish for $100 maybe. Anything worth having absolutely not.

•••
atm a reseller is selling 40+ LLLL.com for 100$(some for more)
not so important i saw many investors bought for 200 and sold for 100 its all about timing and opportunity..

Answer of your question is here
suppose i have 100 4ls now i paid for each 150$

if i m getting great deal like 3L .com for 8-10k i will cash then even for 100$ each and will grab that 3l to do quick flip as we all know we can buy 4ls again for 100$ each so after flipping that 3l i can buy again same type of 4ls which i sold for 100$ each and keep them for same type of situation mentioned above😊😊

Dont fall in love with names use them as per situation 😊😊

•••
There are absolutely bad LLLL.com that won't have any business use (not more than a random pronounceable 5-7 letter .com) for a long time.

Their value should be "reg fee", but, of course, many will hold the bag because it is a limited resource with no hand reg since 2007.

Let me reiterate: many of those names shouldn't be bought even at $50 if you are looking for making any money within foreseeable future.

If you buy 100 of those, you will spend $5000 and there is 90% chance that you won't sell even 1 at $xxxx within a year. So, in the best case, you'll make enough to renew the rest of the names, the worst - you will be bleeding $850 a year.

On the other hand, meaningful LLLLs are gold and are great investment category, although affected heavily by Covid...

•••
not so important i saw many investors bought for 200 and sold for 100 its all about timing and opportunity..

Answer of your question is here
suppose i have 100 4ls now i paid for each 150$

if i m getting great deal like 3L .com for 8-10k i will cash then even for 100$ each and will grab that 3l to do quick flip as we all know we can buy 4ls again for 100$ each so after flipping that 3l i can buy again same type of 4ls which i sold for 100$ each and keep them for same type of situation mentioned above😊😊

Dont fall in love with names use them as per situation 😊😊

If you have bought 100 names at $150 over some time and they were not of trashy category, then you wouldn't need even to go to $100 to sell them quickly. There is a reason they are called liquid names. Someone should be willing to pay you $120-150 within couple of days of posting them for sale.

And, yes, there are LLL.coms that are bad investment at $8k-10K, something like u/q/w

•••
If you have bought 100 names at $150 over some time and they were not of trashy category, then you wouldn't need even to go to $100 to sell them quickly. There is a reason they are called liquid names. Someone should be willing to pay you $120-150 within couple of days of posting them for sale.

And, yes, there are LLL.coms that are bad investment at $8k-10K, something like u/q/w

i didnt meant uqw ... i meant deal like exl//com sold for 10k if we are getting deal like that hell yeah i will liquidate my 4ls in less price then i paid becuause i know that 3L worth 20-30k anyday..
thats what i meant here...

EXL for 10k is not consider as bad investment.. i bought recently Roze for 2600 approx hell yeah i am going to sell my 4Ls in loss if i want to buy this kind of name little loss is okay but atleast i know i am getting great name for great bargain

Last edited:
•••
i didnt meant uqw ... i meant deal like exl//com sold for 10k if we are getting deal like that hell yeah i will liquidate my 4ls in less price then i paid becuause i know that 3L worth 20-30k anyday..
thats what i meant here...

Got it. But at the same time, wouldn't you have some nice jewels among the 100 LLLLs you are liquidating and spent $15K collecting, as well as bunch of time looking for them, negotiating, buying, closing the deals, transferring? Didn't you pay $150 because you saw the potential in each?

Why is exl worth $20-30K anyday? I'd say it would be a hard flip at that price range. Yes, it is an ok hack of excel, maybe, but what else? Btw, it is still listed for sale at DAN.

•••
Got it. But at the same time, wouldn't you have some nice jewels among the 100 LLLLs you are liquidating and spent $15K collecting, as well as bunch of time looking for them, negotiating, buying, closing the deals, transferring? Didn't you pay $150 because you saw the potential in each?

Why is exl worth $20-30K anyday? I'd say it would be a hard flip at that price range. Yes, it is an ok hack of excel, maybe, but what else? Btw, it is still listed for sale at DAN.
its bought by investor for 10k and flipped for 50k after few month to another investor :) and new investor selling for 6 figure i think. e+XL Ex+L regged in 82 tlds . L for limited ... great potential..10k was peanuts for this name

•••
its bought by investor for 10k and flipped for 50k after few month to another investor :) and new investor selling for 6 figure i think. e+XL Ex+L regged in 82 tlds . L for limited ... great potential..10k was peanuts for this name

Look, we all operate on probabilities. The fact that it got flipped to another investor doesn't make it hot commodity. Even an end user sale at that price would have been more impressive.

The facts are that names similar to E/X/L rarely sell for even 5x-10x of the $10k wholesale, while LLLLs often sell for 10x to 30x of their wholesale levels of $100 to $1000 for most.

I bought a batch of 64 LLLL.coms for $19.2K and have sold under 10 for over triple of that money in 4 years and still have 55+ of those names to keep earning from end user sales.

And, if were to start a business I'd much rather do it on a name like b/e/l/g d/o/b/b a/k/u/r r/i/o/o e/l/i/x than on e/x/l.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back