IT.COM

discuss Would you buy/reg a domain with adjective "Swank"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Would you register a domain with adjective "Swank"?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Assuming the noun fits, what do you think about the adjective "Swank" in a 2-word domain?

Like SwankCar.[tld]. Obviously SwankFilter would not be a good fit.

Do you think it's a good choice of adjectives describing a high quality noun/product?

Or is too obscure/unknown and therefore unmarketable in today's market?

swank /swaNGk/ - adjective: stylishly luxurious and expensive.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just tried to register SwankFrank.com. But unfortunately it's been registered since 2008 :(

•••
I believe there are better terms to describe stylish.
Seems to be a dated "buzz word"

•••
I feel it's a very niche keyword for specific end user. There are definitely end users using this keyword.
my first name that comes out of swank was swankit in king.

•••
I don't think "Swank" has much value. I do own Be / Swanky in king, and it's a fun one IMO. The "y" makes a big difference. I think names with "Swanky" might be a better option.

•••
I never thought about swanky. Hmmm. It gives it a whole new feel. Not pretentious. However, upon more research, I have found that swank is more used than I thought. Especially in a certain "crowd". I can't divulge that until I make a decision on wether I want to buy the domain I'm thinking about.

Last edited:
•••
I don't see any records for swank on Namebio.

•••
Oh. Indeed there are a few.

•••
Yeah, there are a few, but not many. But I take sales histories like NB with a grain of salt, though. It's my belief that probably 50% of domains sold in any price range are never reported. I look at name bio almost (but not quite) the same way I look at appraisal sites. Only with a bit more credulity and weight. That's why I'm asking for opinions here. However, so far, not much interest in even voting in the poll lol

Last edited:
•••
I think "swanky" is the word you're looking for. I rarely hear "swank" being used. In fact, I only think of
Hilary Swank...

•••
Back