Dynadot

opinion Would you buy domains from Brandbucket?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WingMan

Established Member
Impact
The Brandbucket business model is targeted at making brandable domain names available to end users. As a domainer, have you ever purchased a domain name from Brandbucket, or thought seriously about doing so? Is it something you may do in future?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Half their business or more is to domainers with better pockets. Why do you think many of the prices are so low? They encouraged and discussed it happening in one of their newsletters.

•••
Frankly i find them overrated..You can nearly hand reg similar sounding names at pittance..Don't know if they have a dedicated client base to create sales for the one's listed..It's a great business model to charge you for every listing and also if the targeted customer is domainers with deep pockets then they are super hustlers:xf.smile:

•••
•••
I don't believe on this website for many reasons .. I don't ever think to buy from them ..

•••
Only if I had a business in mind, had the cash on hand, and the name would be hard to replicate, or an alternate name couldn't be found. I have bought at auction on NameJet.com, a very specific brandable where I was, in fact, the end-user. So I was willing to pay above wholesale cost, though I was fortunate to have gotten it for mid $$$. I have seen instances of domain investors buy a LLLL name on the BB platform for 29K and turn around and see it listed on BR for 69k. (give or take) I've also seen names bought on BB for 5.5k, buyer dropped the name or forgot to renew where it then sold on the GD aftermarket for $500 likely to be sold again. And so it goes...

•••
I would buy a name for my own specific purpose, but not for resale.
Speculators CAN'T AFFORD those PRICES.
We must buy very low and sell high, to survive.
Only 1 to 3% of our portfolio sells each year. And renewals are a constant, fixed expense.
Half their business or more is to domainers with better pockets.
What is your source for that statement?
Margot has said publicly that their largest demographic is middle-aged men shopping on their corporate computers. They buy $2,500 domains and dream of escaping their gilded cages, by creating their own startups.
...You can nearly hand reg similar sounding names at pittance...
Yes, we who are knowledgeable charge a "finder's fee" to help those that don't have these skills.

•••
The Brandbucket business model is targeted at making brandable domain names available to end users. As a domainer, have you ever purchased a domain name from Brandbucket, or thought seriously about doing so? Is it something you may do in future?
Just wait a couple months and you can probably buy the name here at Namepros for 10 bucks. 😀

•••
Slightly off-topic. However. I've removed all my domains from BB except for 1 which I purchased on NP for low price ($x - low $xx) after the time I gave my 30 day notice.

•••
Just wait a couple months and you can probably buy the name here at Namepros for 10 bucks. 😀

And if it is one of their “chosen few”, those scambassadors, its probably not worth $10!!! Since if THEY can’t sell it, well why would a general domainer have better luck? The rigged search position on their website makes it difficult for any newcomers, that and the surplus inventory.
Happens all the time seeing their BIN, the only good thing is if you really “like” the name you can buy it here instead of on the drop.

•••
BB domain is for end user! I don't think domainer will ever buy in there ! the reason simply because their price is not reseller price!:xf.grin:

if you ask why end user buy BB domain ? well, many reason ! but I am sure, most ppl that buy domain at BB, is not buying a domain! instead buying a Brand! there's a different between buying a domain and buying a brand! :xf.grin: buying a brand same like investment! buying a domain, same like gambling! there's no point buying random domain! but most business will invest for their brand! inlcluding buying a domain names!:xf.grin:

•••
Will surely buy if domain interests me.

•••
Certainly not a reseller friendly venue. :)

If a name sparked a potential business venture as others have stated, possibly.

•••
•••
A better question is: does anyone buy stuff from brandbucket?

Has anyone got any profit out of there?

•••
•••
Care to share why?

Sure. Because I cannot find my domains anywhere in the crooked/biased search results. I promised to do this in another thread and I've followed thru with that promise.

•••
If a domain I want is on a specific platform, I'll get it from wherever it's forsale.

I'm not exactly a "domainer" though. I develop most of my domains, then sell. Sell the occasional domain here and there though.

•••
In rare case scenario, I would only buy good keyword brandable on BB, for the brand or project (not reselling), and only if there's absolutely no better/cheaper alternative around, which is highly unlikely from a domainer's perspective. Completely invented "pronouncable" names are lottery tickets, and they are very hard to sell anyway.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back