IT.COM

Would love some feedback on DomainStats.io

NameSilo
Watch
Hi!

After several months of coding and data collection I am ready to show DomainStats.io.

The data for NamePros:
http://domainstats.io/namepros.com

Just put any domain and you will see data.

Any data that you are missing to see?
What you think about it?
Any questions?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have collected full data for about 1,5 million domains so far. Please let me know if I am in the right direction and your thoughts. Thank you.

•••
Congrats Jim, you rock if that's your project!!
I see the MOST exhaustive domain stats at your website and clearly I have never seen another site provide so many details.

My suggestion would be to make the website responsive and redo that lacklustre banner on the top. The footer can also be made much more professional and attractive.

•••
Can I personally add a comment or change data? Is it a open-source website that anyone can edit like Wikipedia.org or wiki.com?

•••
Congrats Jim, you rock if that's your project!!
I see the MOST exhaustive domain stats at your website and clearly I have never seen another site provide so many details.

My suggestion would be to make the website responsive and redo that lacklustre banner on the top. The footer can also be made much more professional and attractive.

Thank you! Yes, this is one of my projects.
Responsive design + logo is planned. Thanks for the feedback on the header and footer. I will absolutely make them better in some way or another. I think some colors is missing. Focus up to now has been on the data. Here is data about theexpress.com by the way:
http://domainstats.io/theexpress.com

Can I personally add a comment or change data? Is it a open-source website that anyone can edit like Wikipedia.org or wiki.com?
I did not think about that Steven. Editing is not possible. But perhaps comments. The kind of comments I would like to get is who is the owner of that specific domain.

I am actually thinking about adding owners to the system as well. I think that could be cool. I mean to lookup a owner and see his analytics, adsense and list of domains and so forth.

Some other great feedback from you guys?

•••
•••
I have another idea. Customers can leave comments about websites and vote 1- 10 about the community, customer service, reputability, trustworthiness, spam, safe browsing, child safety, customer privacy of different websites.

•••
I have another idea. Customers can leave comments about websites and vote 1- 10 about the community, customer service, reputability, trustworthiness, spam, safe browsing, child safety, customer privacy of different websites.

That sounds similar to what WOT is already doing and I present data from WOT on domainstats.io.

•••
I meant users of this website can do a vote from 1 to 10 for the following, rather than only 1 person.

community, customer service, reputability, trustworthiness, spam, safe browsing, child safety, customer privacy of different websites

•••
I see but WOT is not 1 person but maybe a million people that do this voting already. It seems like a bad idea to create something that is already existing and is already popular. Better then to collect their data and present on my website which I do already.

Any other feedback? :)

•••
Oh really it is a great tool

I check our webmastersun forum and it showed with more details

where you have this script?

•••
Thanks.

where you have this script?

I wrote this script and I am sorry but it is not open source. But API is coming soon.

•••
Hi Jim, it's nice, but I find the result page too long and it got me lost. Is it possible to break it down into sections? That way one jumps to the key data of interest without browsing the whole length of the results page.

•••
For a free tool, it is very thorough.

•••
Hi Jim, it's nice, but I find the result page too long and it got me lost. Is it possible to break it down into sections? That way one jumps to the key data of interest without browsing the whole length of the results page.
Yes, that's a good point. I will check some options.

I have just finished a new design + logo + favicon..

Also I just finished the API:
http://api.domainstats.io/

The API is free for limited use.
Here is data for namepros.com in json:
http://api.domainstats.io/namepros.com?secret_token=test

What do you guys think? Some feedback?

Thanks

•••
Impressive.

Regards...jmcc

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back