Domain Empire

Would like advice?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hey guys I'm new to the domain game, and was just wondering if you guys can recommend and advice. Maybe a really good ebook or any advice I want to flip domains but I'm not sure how all of this works, thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to namepros,

my best advice would be to take a look around here and read everthing you can.

if you want you can take a look at my blog atTeenDomainer.com I just posted about my favorite domaining ebook. You may not need the ebook if you just want to read post around here. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks

Brian

•••
Hi uto567

I have been here a couple of months and when I first arrived I was semi-convinced that I had a pretty good handle on this game - conveniently overlooking the fact that nothing of mine was actually selling! I thought they were pretty good names but they stayed where they were sitting in my database doing nothing you would want to write home about.

After looking at this forum, a few things started to click. I began to realise why my "premium" names were of little or no interest. I took a look at what was selling, what experienced domainers were bidding on and what they were ignoring. Slowly, I could detect a pattern to the extent that names I perhaps would have snapped up before, I put into my "not now" basket.

Watching the auction and sales threads is a good way to learn and identify what is in demand - and why. Reading the "Discuss Forums" sections gives you an insight into the pitfalls, tips, common mistakes and misconceptions many newbies have.

I always found the best way to learn any new skill is hands-on experience combined with watching and talking to those who have been there done that. This forum is fortunate in that it is very user-friendly and members generally enjoy passing on their knowledge.

Things wont happen overnight, the "gee, this is great" name you hand-regged yesterday is rarely going to sell the day after. That can be disheartening to newcomers but the fact is, domain names do sell otherwise we wouldn't be here. You just have to keep plugging away and things will begin to fall into place.

Welcome to the forum and the ballgame!

•••
•••
Real thanks brain but i haven't found link or something for the book ?
From where can i get da book ? Is it free or paid ?

•••
accept that when you are new you are going to make mistakes which will cost you money...

research.....read...subscribe to domainers blogs

and all the very best

Cheers
Corey

•••
For a start good question some people wont ask it because they do not want to look like a newbie so its good to see you ask do not be shy in this industry ask as many questions as you can that way you do not make the mistake of spending loads of money on a venture that will fail like so many of us i am guilty of it years ago.

So use Namepros its a superb wealth of knowledge dating back many years.. Need a question answered use the search someone has bound to have asked it in the past also remember the live chat room always someone around.

Its a tough business nowadays domaining not like years ago so research is the key ok!! so i wish you all the best and i hope your investments are profitable.

Best wishes

Tips

•••
You can always find many domain ebooks and online tutorials at huge registrar websites.

•••
Namepros is really a good forum for newbies

:hehe:

•••
First of all, you will not read true money making info anywhere. Nobody talks about those kind of specifics for obvious reasons. Would a gold miner in 1800's California go into town and tell everyone where the best spots to dig are? Of course not! The people making money online aren't going to print their methods either.

The ebooks and guru sites pull you in by selling you a dream. That's why they have domains like CreateMassiveWealthOnline.com and photos of mansions and luxury cars. Some will even have video of a guy pretending to live in an exotic location, bought and paid for by what he is about to tell you of course.

The best thing to do is hang around awhile and then dive in head first and start learning from your mistakes (and I assure you, those mistakes will hurt... but you get up and keep moving).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back