NameSilo

domain Would appreciate an appraisal for 360crypto.io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

21savage

Impact
360crypto.io seems like it would be a highly brandable domain for a tech/crypto-related company. Any suggestions on how to approach selling/appraisal prices would be appreciated.

Cheers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Worthless. In dot com would have value, but not in io.

•••
Agreed. Not worth much.

360Crypto .com might be a $5k name on a good day. There's a small chance you could sell 360crypto.io for $500. But because of the high renewal price of .io domains, this is a bad investment.

Let's say it takes you 10 years to sell this name for $500. At that point you've already paid $500 in renewal fees, so its not worth holding onto.

•••
I read that .io is the next .com. Do you guys agree?

•••
.io seems to sell mainly in single words and acronyms. Within the last year the only mixed number letter combos that have sold for more than $1000, at least NameBio listed, are;
  • 5G $4400
  • V5 $3488
  • C2C $2222
Now any trend can change, but this has to be taken into consideration in evaluating your name. While .io do sell, sometimes for good amounts, they sell in only a narrow type of name compared to .com that sells in acronym, word, two word, three word, etc.

All that said, sometimes it is overlooked that while there are hugely more .com sales, so are there hugely more .com domain names for sale, so the actual probability of a sale, in general, is higher in .io. As some have pointed out, the renewal is high in .io and that makes it hard to make the numbers work, though.

If it was mine I would try hard to sell it in year one, but probably not renew that. I take a similar approach to many of the new gTLDs I handle - if no action in year one I usually let them expire if the renewal is much more than year one cost (there are exceptions of course).

Best of luck with it.

Bob

•••
360crypto.io seems like it would be a highly brandable domain for a tech/crypto-related company. Any suggestions on how to approach selling/appraisal prices would be appreciated.
No .. unfortunately .io sales are almost exclusively 1-word domains with no extra fluff. And even then it would only be the best very common ultra-generic brandable words (like animals) or something tech related.

The domain isn't so bad that nobody would ever use it (possibly purchased at hand registration pricing) ... but it isn't anything close to good enough to hope for a sale at a multiple where it would be worth investing in. If you only bought it very recently I'd cancel it if it was possible.

I read that .io is the next .com. Do you guys agree?
Absolutely 100% not. Most .io domains are completely worthless and will never sell. Great .io's can sell for about 2-10% of what the .com would sell for .. however .. of .com domains that do sell, far less than 1% of the equivalent .io domains would ever sell at even 1% the dollar amount of what the .com sold for.

•••
Thank you so much for responding Ategy.com. What do you think about .business domains? Are those a waste too?

•••
I'd say .business domains are even worse than .io domains at the moment. For now .io domains are relatively hot compared to most other non-.com domains ... but please note that RELATIVELY hot does not in any way mean that they are hot .. only a very tiny fraction of .io domains are hot (see above) .. most are garbage.

That being said .. there probably are a handful of .business domains that could be good .. but very very few in my mind. Beyond that I have zero knowledge of .business pricing .. which is a very important factor to consider when investing as well. For example .. if you could buy Green.Business for $1 then I would say that's a great investment ... anyhow .. pretty sure you know what I mean ... there is future potential in ngTLD domains .. but I like to focus on domains that I can sell today .. here's an example of some of the domains I acquired a while back:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/domains-you-won-at-auction-or-closeout.1050374/page-25

•••
Thanks for your input!!

•••
The domain is quite low quality I would estimate the most a reseller would pay for this is $500 and an end-user no more then $1,111

Cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back