NameSilo

Wordpress vs. Google blogger?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google blogger? = Blogger.com?

Blogger.com is a hosted option. If you don't have a web host, use that.

If you do, use wordpress.

•••
wordpress is much more powerful. imo, you should only go for blogger if you're strapped for time and/or cash.

•••
If you are comparing wordpress.com with blogger, then I would go with blogger, as you can put your own ads on your blog.

However, the best choice is a self-hosted Wordpress blog (wordpress.org). :)

•••
I like blogging on WordPress. I have just known about it some days ago. It is really easy to use and modify. Take a look at www.latinrockstar.com, this is really assume for me after 1 week to study WordPress.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Blogger is the easiest to set-up imho. Most people tout it as something for beginners but not really. Many seasoned web developers use it for the speed and ease of use.

However, Wordpress.com (as opposed to the software Wordpress.org) is gaining lots of momentum as well.

Thus, you may be best off trying both (especially since they're relatively quick and easy to setup) and choose the best one for your use.

•••
The really important question is, what is the best automatic blogging software. Who knows the answer to that?

•••
Web Trader said:
The really important question is, what is the best automatic blogging software. Who knows the answer to that?
Well you can set this up using Wordpress with a kind of autoblog plugin. However, I don't recommend setting up automated blogs. I had 3 installed on my domains and they all got banned by Google - duplicate content.

•••
and5rey said:
Well you can set this up using Wordpress with a kind of autoblog plugin. However, I don't recommend setting up automated blogs. I had 3 installed on my domains and they all got banned by Google - duplicate content.

It seems that the answer to that is in your post, though. What if you had used domains with totally different subject matters that got very different kinds of automatic content?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wordpress+auto+blog&btnG=Google+Search

Last edited:
•••
Web Trader said:
What if you had used domains with totally different subject matters that got very different kinds of automatic content?
No, that's not the case. Google bans domains which are using content from other sites = duplicate content. You always need unique content.

•••
some months ago --- i want to say about 6 --- blogspot begin hosting blogger software created blogs while allowing the blog owner to use their own domain name --- this means you don't have to use yourdomain.blogspot.com name but can just go with yourdomain.com

i thought it would be huge, but i rarely hear it mentioned

wordpress is more popular
blogger is easier than anything

Hope it helps:)
yes

•••
•••
you can

and5rey said:
run automated blog and get along with wordpress.Depends on a lot of things like the feed.It can get deindexed though.But on blogger forget it!.i don't know why they put feeds on blogger .Because if you use them "your blog has the characteristics of a spam ......"Lets face it; they don't want to pay small publishers with there own hosting sites .why would they pick up the hosting bill too!

•••
Wordpress is hella smooth!

•••
Wordpress wins by a long shot because of their mass skins and mods

•••
Do you mean wordpress.com or the wordpress software?

•••
they both

have a lot of nice skins .wordpress.com and hosted.the blogger ones are decent..nicer than many park sites look.just not as many as wp.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back