IT.COM

Wordpress VS. Blogger

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wordpress VS. Blogger?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Wordpress all the way!

votes
    86.4%
  • Blogger beats all!

votes
    4.5%
  • Neither

votes
    9.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I've always been a fan of wordpress, I find it simply has more customizable features, more themes, more plugins—yet neither have I ever looked too in detail at other services like blogger. What are your guys's opinions? :laugh:

-Alex-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The one thing I like better about Blogger than Wordpress is that you can put your own ads on Blogger without upgrading. The thing I like most about Wordpress is they give you some different options such as using Wordpress.mu to start your own blogging community.

•••
Another Wordpress Fan here...
I've been starting Wordpress recently and i
found it very helpful with my Blogging activities .

•••
For larger sites, I prefer Drupal over WP and Blogger, but for smaller sites or sites that don't require much community participation or multi-user support, I go with Wordpress.

•••
This is a very old thread but instead of creating a new one, I decided to reply to this one since I am now in the process of choosing between the hosted blogger or installing and hosting the wordpress script. What is so important to me is the security part, for I have seen many wordpress sites that were attacked and I want to not this. In addition, the plugins and general updates are almost always problematic with the self hosted version.

What are tour opinions guys? Thanks.

•••
This is not even a comparison. Blogger is basic...and not to be mentioned with wordpress. You graduate from blogger to wordpress when you are ready to take your blog or business seriously.

•••
•••
You can not even give your site a full name using blogger

•••
WordPress is a much broader tool for developing not only target sites themselves, but also auxiliary plug-ins. Although this content management system is quite losing development on Laravel. But as a basic level is more than enough.

•••
Wordpress is the best platform to build almost any website. Furthermore, there are many design templates to make them quite modern.

•••
This is a very old thread but instead of creating a new one, I decided to reply to this one since I am now in the process of choosing between the hosted blogger or installing and hosting the wordpress script. What is so important to me is the security part, for I have seen many wordpress sites that were attacked and I want to not this. In addition, the plugins and general updates are almost always problematic with the self hosted version.

What are tour opinions guys? Thanks.

Every site is attacked including hosted blogger. Self hosted websites require more technical skills, time, money and devotion. Updates and plugins are indeed highly problematic in any self hosted CMS even if you are not a newbie. You could only choose the ones with wider developer base instead of less popular CMS's.

The biggest difference between self hosted and hosted is ownership. Self hosted can be sold and bought. You are not the owner of the hosted, are only a user of the platform that hosts it. They own it and allow you to use it, edit it, etc.. They can do whatever they want to the hosted as they own it. If they don't allow you can't edit it. It's not yours.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back