.mobi wmv.mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,
I just registered this domain wmv.mobi

Can i please know what is it worth ? Any kind of suggestion would be helpful

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry.
There are hundreds of better three letter .Mobis available.

I am not sure I would advise investing in any of them (and I own many three letter Mobis) without getting a good understanding of the unusual situation of .Mobi names at the moment. I recommend many hours of study - enough to get your own opinion of a complicated, controversial extension.

Also, WMV is Windows Media Viewer, probably a trademark. Microsoft can take it away whenever they want.

If it has been 4 days or less call the registrar and see if you can get most of your money back.

Everybody who discovers domains spends before they learn. We all do it, it is part of learning a fascinating business, but a lot of people spend themselves out before they learn what to buy and what to pay for it.

•••
Sorry.
There are hundreds of better three letter .Mobis available.

I am not sure I would advise investing in any of them (and I own many three letter Mobis) without getting a good understanding of the unusual situation of .Mobi names at the moment. I recommend many hours of study - enough to get your own opinion of a complicated, controversial extension.

Also, WMV is Windows Media Viewer, probably a trademark. Microsoft can take it away whenever they want.

If it has been 4 days or less call the registrar and see if you can get most of your money back.

Everybody who discovers domains spends before they learn. We all do it, it is part of learning a fascinating business, but a lot of people spend themselves out before they learn what to buy and what to pay for it.

My understanding of LLL's in general is they are considered like generics so a TM udrp would likely need to illustrate bad faith usage of the domain that infringes on the TM.

•••
Often that is true, but it depends on the panel. Three - and two - letter domains have been taken without bad faith, LH.com was awarded to Lufthansa Airline from Elequa by UDRP. I think he took it to court, but the domain now is owned by the airline.

Microsoft isn't going to bother with this one unless it is making money, but I wouldn't mess with it.

•••
Thank you for the information. I have deleted the order and probably will be getting some refund.

•••
...without getting a good understanding of the unusual situation of .Mobi names at the moment. I recommend many hours of study - enough to get your own opinion of a complicated, controversial extension.

Hi accent. I like the way you describe the situation of .mobi domains. It's strange how .mobi is still criticized even today. I just read an article about the value of domains. The summary of the article is that .coms are the only domains that have a value. The author listed a number of tlds and ccs that in his opinion have close to no value. The funny thing is that of all the "useless" domains he listed .mobi was the only one he added a negative commet to. Why is this?

•••
Hi Freeflow. Yeah, they enjoy banging on Mobi.

People will forget, eventually. It was a spectacular rise and fall: a LLL.mobi, ANY LLL.mobi, would get you $200. Now there are thousands for reg fee.

With domainer prices at 10% of other similar extensions, Mobi seems pretty immune to a shakeout in mid-level extension values. I would rather own $1000 worth of Mobis at current value than the same amount of .Net, biz, me, co or info.

Just so they spell the name right, its .Mobi, not .Mobile.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back