IT.COM

Wish to sell Linkedin.ws

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

B.Singh

Impact
I have a domain linkedin.ws which I would like to sell. I have few questions which I need to know as well.
  1. Can this domain linkedin.ws sold to Linkedin.com since they manage the Linkedin Network ?
  2. What is the estimate cost of this domain if it is acquired by Linkedin.com ?
  3. If I have to sell this domain where should I get it listed first ?
Linkedin network was purchased by Microsoft for 26 Billion USD and I would like to know your inputs on the costing of this domain.

Western Samao Island is a real Location and domains associated with Western Samao Island are given .ws extension.

Please share your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://trademarks.justia.com/779/81/linkedin-77981734.html

Not sure you wanna go there. Since it's more a liability than possible profit, I think it might not even be worth the regfee. I think you might've had a sale if you had the .net or Linked.in and with a goddamn good lawyer on your back.

•••
They own the trademark. They can take legal action against you and they have the money to do it. This is a very bad idea, drop the domain IMO

•••
Linkedin network was purchased by Microsoft for 26 Billion USD and I would like to know your inputs on the costing of this domain.

Microsoft has a history of suing instead of buying when their intellectual property is involved.

•••
I do not wish to copy linkedin logo or services in any way. It is just a domain and I wish to sell it to Linkedin network.

I am not trying to copy their logo or services in any way and this is not what i want to do with this domain. I just want to know if it is of any worth to linkedin network.

It is linkedin.ws and not Linkedin Network.

•••
So then what should I do with this domain.

•••
It is still TM infringement. It is worthless. Drop it.

•••
•••
•••
Just delete it from your registrar interface if they allow it. If not contact support and ask them to delete it.

If they don't want to tell them you made a mistake and you want to have it deleted for Trademark/Legal reasons.

Make sure that the domain does not not show any PPC ads in the meantime.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah drop it like it's hot dude...

Or

buy a big tub of Vaseline and get ready for a proper shafting from Microsoft. :)

Last edited:
•••
Yeah drop it like it's hot dude...

Or

buy a big tub of Vaseline and get ready for a proper shafting from Microsoft. :)
Haahahhaha

•••
Get rid of it and stay away from trademarked names

•••
Alright ! Thanks for all your advice.

I did not know about trademark issues and accidently registered this domain

•••
Alright ! Thanks for all your advice.

I did not know about trademark issues and accidently registered this domain
A simple google search before registration will help you a lot.

•••
Drop it. Stay away from trademark names. Its a beginners mistake and you will learn from it. Good Luck..

•••
•••
Thanks for all your support and guidance. I have sent request for cancellation of the domain due to accidental registration and hope to see it removed from my domain account.

•••
Domain registrar has confirmed that domain will be removed/cancelled in 35 Days. Is there something else I need to do ?

•••
Domain registrar has confirmed that domain will be removed/cancelled in 35 Days. Is there something else I need to do ?
Nope thats it for now. Like everyone else advised you, stay away from TMs from now on.

•••
delete the domain. you don't need the potential for a UDRP.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back