IT.COM

Will You Buy or Register Equipments.com If you had the chance?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was doing some research concerning this word Equipments and from my research, Equipments does not exist because equipment is an uncountable noun but I see some companies using this in their domain name, especially none native English speaking countries.

I checked and found that Equipments.com is taken in .com and other extension.

So, based on the aforementioned, would you buy or register Equipments.com if you had the chance?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Singular is always best as I have sadly realized too late. i have been allowing to delete plurals. not single word ones but two word domains. when competing with the owners of the ones who own the singular version you will always lose. So why lose? go for something else.

imo

•••
The big issue with having the <COM> and <DICTIONARY> mindset makes one look for scraps & scavenge from all the bottom of the cooking pot. We end up creating identities with what we have. Bit harsh fact to digest, but ALL CREAM'S GONE.

•••
Keep in mind that just because the word doesn't exist in the dictionary with an ending "S", that it could also be used as a possessive, as in Equipment's. I had some comments when I put "Mooses.ca" in a report (Moose is plural), so I had to spell out that the intention was "Moose's", which is actually a popular small business name. Same with Bunnys.ca.

I don't know how well it works in this particular case, but a lot of similar word-non-words are in use online, so it's something to keep in mind.

•••
Singular is always best as I have sadly realized too late. i have been allowing to delete plurals. not single word ones but two word domains. when competing with the owners of the ones who own the singular version you will always lose. So why lose? go for something else.

imo
I agree but I buy Good two word plurals if the singular is taken

•••
The big issue with having the <COM> and <DICTIONARY> mindset makes one look for scraps & scavenge from all the bottom of the cooking pot. We end up creating identities with what we have. Bit harsh fact to digest, but ALL CREAM'S GONE.

never say never. new words are being made everyday.
Me? I like subscribing to newsletters from Anti-virus programs that always keeps me updated on the latest viruses, malwares, ransomwares.

Hackers are always creating cool names (usually single word)

perfect for a .com and perfect for an antivirus company to own for SEO purposes.

Case in point. EMOTET.com A great one word domain.

https://www.google.com/search?q=emo.....69i57j0l5.3547j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

•••
I agree but I buy Good two word plurals if the singular is taken

when you say "buy" do you mean aftermarket from someone else who registered it? or register it yourself?

•••
when you say "buy" do you mean aftermarket from someone else who registered it? or register it yourself?
Register myself. I'd be open to buying it on the aftermarket for a very low price in the right domain but never done this

•••
people in Germany tend not to care about
using a word in plural
where the singular already expresses a lot
aka plural / where no plural is possible

like growth for example

so yes
I would love to own that name for reg fee

Last edited:
•••
I will if I consider buying the word/niche if its good/selling because it can serve as best alternative when the correct English word is without the S is not within reach

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back