Will Typo Fail?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

khurtsiya

Formerly Known As AjiotajEstablished Member
Impact
Just found forum post that makes to think of it:

1. typos ain't my gig.

2. Based on what (little) I know, most typos worth their fee has been either registered for several years or have been tasted to death.

3. typos ain't my gig BUT I registered a few generics related to my profession. Why the exception? Because I believe the greatest value is extracted from direct navigation traffic when the recipient of that traffic is also an enduser-consumer of that traffic AND that traffic has a very high (sales)-lead value.

4. I would recommend that folks with websites pick off the easy typos of their website name. No sense in making it easy for parasites to attach. Especialy if your website is selling a high margin product or service.

5. A good excercise for spotting your own website's typos is to observe your own typos. Ask your secretary or staff to type the website name 100s as quickly and accurately as possible, then sort the lists for the most common misspellings. I wouldn't simply register every flavor of misspelling. Just the top 5 or so. Again, this may vary based upon the value of leads to the company/website.

6. I wouldn't be too eager to chase typos as a domaining strategy this late in the game. The parked domain feed providers may elect to perform housecleaning, insisting on dropping out typos. Advertisers may be given the option to opt-out of typo traffic. The history of "bad practices", and therefore bad repute attached to typos, would make them an easy target for cleansing. Even generics. That may not be entirely rational, but the association typos with cybersquatting my poison generic typos, too.

7. Damn, this is a good cigar I'm smoking. Didn't even notice the label. Just grabbed one out of the humidor. Macanudo. Works for me. :)

Registering Typo Domains

Any thoughts appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But buying the typos domain first then selling it directly to the website owners will gain you some revenues and advantages. That's why domain reseller should used the strategy number 5 for big website's domain typos. A good marketing strategy will help domainers maintain the effectiveness of typo domain selling.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back