NameSilo

Will Sedo will make things right with the October GreatDomains auction sellers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will Sedo will make things right with the October GreatDomains auction sellers?

• 1st

No

votes
    100.0%
  • 2nd

Yes

votes
    0.0%

• 18 votes
  • Ended 15 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
The October Great Domains Auction Fiasco

Dear NamePros,

First of all, please reference Sedo's DNF October 22nd post:

Due to a malicious attempt to disrupt our services, Sedo suffered from two different distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks which temporarily caused the Sedo and GreatDomains.com websites to be slow or irresponsive between 17:55 and 20:15 CET on October, 22nd 2009 (11:55 and 2:15 PM EDT).

Now keep in mind that although both the October Great Domains auction and the .DE auction had the exact same end time, only the .DE auction was extended.

I need all of your help. If you attempted to bid on any of the October Great Domains inventory within the last say 5 minutes of auction end and couldn't due to site failure, please post your experience in this thread or PM me if you would prefer.

Maybe you didn't even participate in the auction but couldn't access the site. Please reply in the case as well.

I need to start collecting this information.

Thank You,

Craig

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
JMO, if you had domains that sold but did not meet potential, and there was a denial of service attack, then your auctions should be null and void, since sedo was unable to perform their auction service at an acceptable level of service. I think a letter from a lawyer might expedite communications with you, imo.

Last edited:
•••
My experience seems to be the same as most. I went to Sedo to place bids and could not get on the site at all for an extended length of time...

for the record I had a domain (electricians.us) which I sent to a Sedo auction I believe at $750, it was not until about 4 minutes left that a second bidder appeared and then for the next half an hour or so the bidding continued and didn't end until it hit $2550... if sedo would have been down for that last 5 minutes of my auction I would have been out close to $1.800 and that was on a ccTLD not a premium .COM

•••
11 members have participated in the poll thus far.

I appreciate all of your feedback, comments, support etc!

Still no word from Sedo's Director of Sales...

•••
Hmmm, saw "Sedo Auctions" in this thread earlier.

•••
•••
Unfortunately, the October GreatDomains auction sellers have been lied to and basically left to fend for themselves.

•••
I realize that this fraud is small time when compared to the SnapNames fiasco however, it is sad that I haven't been able to get much traction with regard to getting this story out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back