IT.COM

Will parking fees cover your renewals??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will you parking rev cover your renewals?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes. They will.

votes
    59.5%
  • Not a chance.

votes
    32.4%
  • I'll break even.

votes
    8.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MicroGuy

Miembro EspecialTop Member
Impact
Just wondering what percentage of members can cover their renewals with parking revenue?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sure cannot. :'( I'm hoping to change that one day, though. Right now, it's a rather expensive hobby.

IB

•••
Not a chance!

If you can, develop your own sites and monetize them.

:)

•••
What is happening in my case is that 1 domain takes care of around 20 reg+renewal fees. But it's still not breaking even because I still keep buying around 10 domains a day. But on the brighter front, I have some developed domains which take care of the whole lot of my current portfolio of around 450 domains. I think, once I'm done with selling my traffic domains, I should make a decent profit. However, I need to control my buying spree. Thats what spoils the figures. Currently only 60% of my domains generate revenue. It was lower some time back.

•••
Mine more than cover reg fees, probably 5x8 reg fees

•••
For me parking does not cover all of my reg fees but I have three website one of which covers all of my reg fees. It seems to me that developement is the best way to go.

•••
At the moment not a chance. Maybe in 6 months from now I'll break even (hopefully).

•••
geb9696 said:
For me parking does not cover all of my reg fees but I have three website one of which covers all of my reg fees. It seems to me that developement is the best way to go.

Very true. Having 1-2 fully developed websites is always a safe buffer. It creates a steady stream of income which can, at times, sustain the domain losses if any. Someone totally into domain parking with no developed sites is running a high risk venture unless ofcourse he/she is really very good at it and converts every buy into a profitable sale.

•••
I only register names I think will produce parked revenue - I am not buying domains for resale (well I will sell eventually but thats not the purpose). I watch the names every month, renew the ones making money sell-off(at a loss) the ones not making money.

After doing this for some time now, I've built a small portfolio of hand regged names that are all covering their renewal and bringing me a small but steady and growing source of monthly income.

It's a long process - but works

•••
I follow that route too NickRac, my domains cover them selves up to 30 times there registration fee which entitles me to bring more revenue domains to my side and further increase my profits.

•••
Individually no, but overall yes.

I started in this industry in 2004 quite by accident. I made my first online earnings with a free .tk domain name.(it's still online now) I used my earnings from this to buy my .info version of the .tk and it has snowballed from there. I have not spent any of my own money in this madcap hobby of domaining :)
As Rick Schwartz says, domains are like oil wells. Once they are pumping the cash just flows :)

•••
NickRac said:
I only register names I think will produce parked revenue - I am not buying domains for resale (well I will sell eventually but thats not the purpose). I watch the names every month, renew the ones making money sell-off(at a loss) the ones not making money.

After doing this for some time now, I've built a small portfolio of hand regged names that are all covering their renewal and bringing me a small but steady and growing source of monthly income.

It's a long process - but works

I do the same. I review each domain before renewal and if it has covered the fee, or appears that it will cover it next year then I renew.

I have a few domains bringing in several hundred a month parked, so even in a bad month all fees are covered.

•••
about 30% of mine does...

usually i aim for atleast $1 a month....

•••
Most of my domains are purchased. Of the ones that I hand regged only one will. The ones I've purchased will easily cover all my domains renewal and have plenty left over. On the flip side. It will be 3-5 years before they make enough to cover what they cost me. Still not a bad deal. I'd happily buy up hundreds more at that rate.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back