Dynadot

question Will GoDaddy accept PayPal transaction statement as proof of purchase?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Clover

Find your luckTop Member
Impact
( I'm trying to reach out to someone who has verified their debit card with GoDaddy via PayPal statement )

So I'm trying to unlock my GoDaddy account, and they are asking me to verify my debit card ownership and proof of original purchase.

Specifically:
5bba44d9f70e5b3aef6b5223344fe34c.png

Then, is this right here enough proof: ( I sent it to GoDaddy without the info blocked out )
69f1ea6432af2bbe089e6a9f8ece2d18.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm pretty sure it is pretty much but sounds a little fishy fry.

•••
I'm pretty sure it is pretty much but sounds a little fishy fry.
wdym fishy fry? When I view the statement in the bank account for that card, the transactions don't show the last four digits of my card nor the bank account number, just info about the transaction itself.

•••
wdym fishy fry? When I view the statement in the bank account for that card, the transactions don't show the last four digits of my card nor the bank account number, just info about the transaction itself.
What you need to do is chat with godaddy or call them. I doubt email or opening a ticket will reply very fast. I think tickets take like 3 days. Calling or chatting is best. Yeah, hard to tell what all is going on in this area but I feel for you.

•••
I think you need to provide a redacted statement from your banking institution, not PayPal.

Also, proof of original purchase, of what? A domain name?

Last edited:
•••
What you need to do is chat with godaddy or call them. I doubt email or opening a ticket will reply very fast. I think tickets take like 3 days. Calling or chatting is best. Yeah, hard to tell what all is going on in this area but I feel for you.
Okay, so I did the two times now.

Yesterday I did it and the guy on the phone was genuinely helping me, and even got me on the line with someone who he said was going to unlock my account for me after a few steps, but, I did not include the payment verification for the other two cards that I used on the GoDaddy account, so when I told that to the lady that was supposed to unlock my account, she told me I would need to submit that information first.

So today I did submit that information and called them again. This lady on the line looked into it for a couple minutes and asked me if I had just sent the information today and I said yes I did, she then said that I would need to wait for them to get back with me via email.

It's quite frustrating, but I know domains sold on GoDaddy typically catch the highest prices so I am eager to sell my domains with them.

On the bright side, I am getting email responses within 12ish hours. Just sucks that I've had to keep resubmitting this stuff.

•••
I think you need to provide a redacted statement from your banking institution, not PayPal.

Also, proof of original purchase, of what? A domain name?
Just any proof of original purchase with them I'm thinking, idk man they're annoying...

It says the last four card numbers or bank acc number must be visible in the transaction, but I do not have a way of viewing the transaction like that with the Venmo bank card..

•••
Well if it's just a matter of waiting on an email, I think you're in pretty good shape.

Yes it's always a pain in these situations.

Last edited:
•••
Well if it's just a matter of waiting on an email, I think you're in pretty good shape.

Yes it's always a pain in these situations.
Hopefully! I've been at this for like 4 days straight now...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back