Dynadot

Will actually GOOD domains ever be available for reg fee??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
You know what I mean,

The LLL.com, LLL.net, one word .COM, etc......etc.....

I just don't think it is fair that the market gets swept off its feet and all the GOOD domains get taken by companies and people with $$$$$.

I mean ive seen quite a few GOOD GOOD domains that were pending delete and ive tried everything to obtain them but for some reason they aways to go POOF into cyberspace LOL.

For example, I had my eye on a domain that was pending delete for days. The day it was ready to delete, I sat at my computer and checked GoDaddy every 10 mins to see if it was available yet. But nothing! And then all of a sudden it was available! I go to check out, and then my screen switches to "Your cart is empty".....Glitch?!?!

Completely unfair

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably somebody backordered it, nothing unfair about it. If you want those domains, use services that will help you get them.

•••
good domains are available today, that will be applicable for the future.

now, if you could go there, and come back with that knowledge ....you'd be da man tommorrow

;)

imo....

•••
•••
you may need to start backordering to get these names and make sure you have some cash as LLL's are never cheap

•••
good domains are available today, that will be applicable for the future.

Pretty much. Other than that the current good ones and one word names are taken. If you want to acquire them you have to invest in backorders and possibly a fierce bidding war depending on the domain name in question.

•••
•••
Well that's what im saying LOL.
SO basically Godaddy makes 20.98 on EACH backorder and that doesn't even cover the cost of the final price after bidding. And it doesn't guarantee you the domain. Fricken scam! LOL

But yeah I agree, life isn't fair

•••
Why is it unfair? This a competitive market. There are many people going after a limited number of quality domains.

Good domains come available daily via pending delete. Technically when a domain deletes it is made available on a first come first served basis.

However, they are not going to be available to hand reg as they are caught by companies that have developed the resources.

Brad

•••
Well that's what im saying.....its technically more competitive to let the public go after them like wild beasts. First come, first serve. But its actually NOT first come first serve. Believe me, ive tried. And im pretty quick and also up until 4 am trying! LOL

Letting the big companies grab them first is not ethical in my opinion.

•••
•••
I don't think these "big" companies have any special resources that we don't have....other than $$$$.

And connections with Godaddy, 1&1, and all the others. They work together I know it. Collusion!

•••
Well that's what im saying.....its technically more competitive to let the public go after them like wild beasts. First come, first serve. But its actually NOT first come first serve. Believe me, ive tried. And im pretty quick and also up until 4 am trying! LOL

Letting the big companies grab them first is not ethical in my opinion.

It is first come first served. When the domain deletes it is available for anyone to register.

The reason companies like Snap, NameJet and others capture so many is that they have hundreds of partner registrars that can pool their resources. They have spent a lot of time and money developing these systems.

If you want to talk about it not being fair that a registrar profits off expired (pre-release) domains, then I get that argument more than pending delete.

Brad

•••
It is first come first served. When the domain deletes it is available for anyone to register.

The reason companies like Snap, NameJet and others capture so many is that they have hundreds of partner registrars that can pool their resources. They have spent a lot of time and money developing these systems.

If you want to talk about it not being fair that a registrar profits off expired (pre-release) domains, then I get that argument more than pending delete.

Brad

Oh no no I agree with the second part.

But I disagree with the pending delete domains.

I understand it technically states that if a domain is in pending delete status, it will be deleted in 5 days and available to public. But I don't think this is true. You actually think for example if CAT .com was pending delete, the public would have fair share at grabs? NO. So that technically breaks their own rules

•••
Catching a deleting domain is a matter of milliseconds.

It takes several seconds just to check at your registrar and get the result back.

Therefore, there is now way you can compete against a registrar with a direct connection to the registry. And we are not just talking about one registrar here, but dozens, hundreds, pounding the registry in some of sort of mini-DDOS attack to snap the domain...

Build a time machine.

•••
godaddy is the worst place to try and hand-register good domains that are dropping.

impatient folks can't find good domains, because they look for something to flip tomorrow.

those willing to wait for a domain to mature in value, can pluck them as they fall thru the cracks.

the more knowledge you have, the more perceptive you will be in locating good domains.

if you want to be on same playing field, then your vision has to be on same level.

that's when you get equal opportunity!

imo....

•••
GoDaddy can't even beat a hand-reg at their own registrar. I know. I've had a GoDaddy back order beaten by a hand-reg at GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back