IT.COM

tips Why your Domains are not selling?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MisterSoft.com

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I've been going over most of the posts where the domains are for sale.
Those domain names are very catchy and great. However, they are not selling! WHY?
I've noticed a BIG mistake the sellers are making:
Expiration Date Format!
In USA, it is: Month-Day-Year
Out side the USA, it is: Day-Month-Year
==> Best way to mention the date: Month xx, 20xx :)

Example:
Your expiration date states:
02-11-2016
That's ok if you live outside the USA. However, if you are living in the United States, it should be: Month-Day-year
02-11-2016 ==> already expired according to USA format ==> Not interested!
Therefore, if you are looking for an end-user (potential buyer) in the United States, you better be careful.
The safe way to put the expiration date:
November 02, 2016!
Bottom line: Always mention your expiration date in this format Month xx, 20xx!
All the best :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Extremely rude and unprofessional, IMHO.

So, I'm a snob too, because what seems to be a "serious" issue to you, to me is a non-issue.

He apologized in sincerity. Did you miss that? No need to dig the grave.

•••
•••
This is a good point @MisterSoft.com - is there a suggested forum Auction Template anywhere? If I am looking at many auctions and the details are not right there, I am more likely to skip over it, not because of laziness but because of time. KIM I like ccTLDs so you have to use different whois tools than com so it is slightly more tedious.

I would love the renewal fees to always be stated as well, more important in ngTLDs where they seem to have more variability or ccTLDs where buyer may be unfamiliar with those extensions.

•••
@mistersoft
nice observation skills you have there..

•••
I also don't think so that this might cause a disturbance in sales. This is very vague reason, I don't believe in domain expiration formats.

•••
I've been going over most of the posts where the domains are for sale.
Those domain names are very catchy and great. However, they are not selling! WHY?
I've noticed a BIG mistake the sellers are making:
Expiration Date Format!
In USA, it is: Month-Day-Year
Out side the USA, it is: Day-Month-Year
==> Best way to mention the date: Month xx, 20xx :)

Example:
Your expiration date states:
02-11-2016
That's ok if you live outside the USA. However, if you are living in the United States, it should be: Month-Day-year
02-11-2016 ==> already expired according to USA format ==> Not interested!
Therefore, if you are looking for an end-user (potential buyer) in the United States, you better be careful.
The safe way to put the expiration date:
November 02, 2016!
Bottom line: Always mention your expiration date in this format Month xx, 20xx!
All the best :)

Wanted to respond to MisterSoft.com regarding the subject here, but to my surprise noticed "Account suspended".

What happened? He has 100% positive reviews, over 1000 likes for 600+ posts, which should mean hist posts were well received.

•••
Wanted to respond to MisterSoft.com regarding the subject here, but to my surprise noticed "Account suspended".

What happened? He has 100% positive reviews, over 1000 likes for 600+ posts, which should mean hist posts were well received.

I was just thinking the same thing. I was actually surprised about his comment calling one of the thread members a snob. Might be under pressure and had a few of these comments? Well, might be one of those unsolved mysteries.

•••
well if the date is 13/12/16 you know it has to be the 13th day

If the date even looks close to expiring, you should check whois anyway.

Domains don't sell because they are not good domains. No one wants them. There are a lot of bad domains for sale on the forum and all other places domains are sold. Unless you are paying top dollar.

If cars.com was expiring tomorrow and was for sale today, I'm sure someone would buy it today.

It comes down to the domain and the price, not the exp date. Now if you want to flip it, then the exp date might stop you from buying it.

•••
Beware !

Giant Pandas (OP) are an endangered species !

•••
With an average of 2 posts every hour since January, they needed a break.

•••
If its a good domaim . it will sell I don't think date format is a major cause of lower sales-IMO

•••
No you didn't. In fact, you highlighted nothing. If I saw ABC.com on sale, do you think I'd give a damn about expiration?? No. NOBODY would. This thread is nothing more than the work of a noob trying to sound like a pro.

MOST DOMAINS DON'T SELL BECAUSE THEY ARE SHITTY DOMAINS! I don't give a damn if you told me GCSFSDG44BDRG.biz expires in 11 months--I still won't even consider it.

And why are you being so f***ing cocky? He wasn't being a outlier or a snob. HE WAS GIVING AN OPINION! That makes him an asshole how?

I highlighted a serious issue!
If you wanted to be an outlier and snob, that's fine with me.
God bless :)

•••
@imc did say that he apologized. You too missed that?? Or you just want to drag things up somewhere...Grow up !!!

•••
The trends I have noticed here on NP indicate that "most" buyers here are investors. Investors are looking for very good deals with alot of upside potential. Most investors here are looking for short domains with current or short term future value. Most are more than smart enough to evaluate the expiration dates.

However, that being said, there are end users that find their way here too. For those, the expiration date format might have some effect on buying, but I really don't think it would be much. It's too easy to simply ask for clarification or check the whois.

•••
Thats why IMC said, he did apologized. Some people see this message and understand, but some people just like to drag things up all the way!!!!!!
For these kind of behaviors I avoid.. they are in pain and always find things to complain and argue about..

•••
Are we really taking about expiration dates?
Maybe that's why the names are not selling; we look into superficial things.

Like if i'm a business owner and i want to buy treadmill.com, but I change my mind because it expires in august? really?

•••
I wouldn't call the thread silly, but I spend alot of time reading the auctions and it seems 99% of them are well structured.

I will admit that I look at expiration dates to calculate the real cost of owning a particular domain and sometimes, I have to pay close attention to the format of the expiration date. Some use MM/DD/YYYY and some use DD/MM/YYYY. If I can't figure it out, I just check the whois.

Sorry to see a good contributor couldn't work out a complaint with staff. I have found staff to be really, reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyy peaceful and solution oriented. Except Eric..he's a real jerk :)....just kidding! Love ya bro!

•••
I wanted to drag it out, of course! Apologizing doesn't mean it never happened. I missed nothing--my post was intentional.

@imc did say that he apologized. You too missed that?? Or you just want to drag things up somewhere...Grow up !!!

•••
@Archangel , while back I had opened a thread. And I remember YOu are one of many that said something unpleasant and unreasoanble about my domain. Your behaviors is usual. You just like to starts something, and your behavior match up with your avatar!! You are in constant pain; I'm so sorry that your world is a abnormal.

•••
wash your heads or brains. whatever you've got... if you own a domain name that you might think wasn't bought because of expiration date then drop it. don't waste your time/money on it. everything is simple , black is black and white is white . and no point to sit on a sh*t. if your domain sucks then nobody need it.

It seems to me all these persons who supported topic starter came from the same playground. new reg date with tons of posts...clones ? :xf.eek:

ps

and stop pretending and lie to yourself - damn, i've got a gem but because of expiration date nobody need it.. LOL:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back