Dynadot

tips Why your Domains are not selling?

NameSilo
Watch

MisterSoft.com

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I've been going over most of the posts where the domains are for sale.
Those domain names are very catchy and great. However, they are not selling! WHY?
I've noticed a BIG mistake the sellers are making:
Expiration Date Format!
In USA, it is: Month-Day-Year
Out side the USA, it is: Day-Month-Year
==> Best way to mention the date: Month xx, 20xx :)

Example:
Your expiration date states:
02-11-2016
That's ok if you live outside the USA. However, if you are living in the United States, it should be: Month-Day-year
02-11-2016 ==> already expired according to USA format ==> Not interested!
Therefore, if you are looking for an end-user (potential buyer) in the United States, you better be careful.
The safe way to put the expiration date:
November 02, 2016!
Bottom line: Always mention your expiration date in this format Month xx, 20xx!
All the best :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thx, but to be honest - I don't think that this is a real reason why some domains are not selling because if someone really like to buy a domain he simply will check all dates himself too via whois if he is smart.

Anyway, I agree at the point that the best way is to write out the name of the month.

•••
Thx, but to be honest - I don't think that this is a real reason why some domains are not selling because if someone really like to buy a domain he simply will check all dates himself too via whois if he is smart.
Anyway, I agree at the point that the best way is to write out the name of the month.
Agree :)
However, if I were the seller, I'd try to make things as easy and smooth as possibly could...

•••
02-11-2016
Yes, sometimes I wonder is it the second month, eleventh day or second day, eleventh month...
Great tip..will start to use

•••
Some sellers even don't bother to mention expiration date.

•••
I will add that It will be great for the buyers to check the expiry dates, domain registrars, trademark infringement issues themselves as well.

Last edited:
•••
Those domain names are very catchy and great. However, they are not selling! WHY?
Expiration Date Format!

Example:
02-11-2016
That's ok if you live outside the USA. However, if you are living in the United States, it should be: Month-Day-year
Therefore, if you are looking for an end-user (potential buyer) in the United States, you better be careful.
November 02, 2016!

I'm sorry but I didn't get it. How does an expiration date correlate with a domain sale ?
Yes, it is true there is a difference between USA date format and other countries but what's the problem , all you need is to grab whois data and you will be ok.
But anyway, can you pls explain what is a connection between a domain sale and expiration date ? Maybe I missed something.

Regards,
V.

•••
I will add that It will be great for the buyers to check the expiry dates, domain registrars, trademark infringement issues themselves as well.
You are talking about disclaimer.... That's a good approach.
If I were the seller, I'd provide all the info by default :)

•••
Expiration Date Format!

Example:
02-11-2016
November 02, 2016!

Did you know, there are hundreds of great 1 word domain names registered since the mid 90's listed for sale on a landing page yet remaining unsold? If there is any data, a lot of domainers will either grow old or die without realizing profits from their cherished pot of gold.

Understand, good isn't enough when there is more inventory than actual commercial need or a pool of well funded investors to pay for them all.

•••
I came across with this situation too. I have to read it twice ... ;)
I'm used to this format from smaller to larger arrangement numbers.
Most used format and less confusing; month, day and year ( 04/8/2016 ).
Any other format, is an ohhhh, & ahhhhh inforcer.. just for me :)

•••
Most domains are not selling because Chinese stopped buying :)

•••
•••

Agreed. I don't think the expiration date will prevent a motivated buyer from buying a domain he wants, unless you're talking about the bargain bin.

•••
Agreed. I don't think the expiration date will prevent a motivated buyer from buying a domain he wants, unless you're talking about the bargain bin.

I highlighted a serious issue!
If you wanted to be an outlier and snob, that's fine with me.
God bless :)

Last edited:
•••
Just because I don't agree with you, you're going to call me an "outlier and snob"?? A forum is a place for sharing opinions, isn't it?

Whatever let's you sleep at night...

•••
Did you know, there are hundreds of great 1 word domain names registered since the mid 90's listed for sale on a landing page yet remaining unsold? If there is any data, a lot of domainers will either grow old or die without realizing profits from their cherished pot of gold.

Understand, good isn't enough when there is more inventory than actual commercial need or a pool of well funded investors to pay for them all.

nope
it looks like i really missed something :))

•••
I burnt the toast, but I got my bacon just what I want it; crispy.bacon :)

•••

Issue ?
I don't know, if somebody told you he/she better wait until a domain will become expired then just renew it for 10 years and send him/her a screenshot with a new whois data.

Regards,
V.

•••
I burnt the toast, but I got my bacon just what I want it; crispy.bacon :)
You burnt your toast because you put the wrong date;)
See, you are not following this thread...:)

•••
•••
Hope I didn't hurt your gals feeling; that was just for funny expression:)

•••
Just because I don't agree with you, you're going to call me an "outlier and snob"?? A forum is a place for sharing opinions, isn't it?

@sbweb
My apologies if I offended you in anyway.
Peace!

•••
I do agree and this is essential for the seller to enclude expiration date of a domain; if you are going to sell it on here. People don't have extra time to check everything or just too lazy of doing that and this. And I'm one of that. I just don't have the time to check about everything... Just make it simple.

•••
•••

Extremely rude and unprofessional, IMHO.

So, I'm a snob too, because what seems to be a "serious" issue to you, to me is a non-issue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back