IT.COM

Why won't my domains sell?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have so many good domains with traffic comming everyday with no promoting or advertising at all. Why dont these domains sell? I list them on ebay and nothing. What am I doing wrong? What should I try?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
can you give us a link to one of your ebay auctions? We may be able ot help you better then! :)

•••
Sell them on this forum, ebay should only be used when you are selling very high traffic and popular domains.

•••
List the domains in this thread, with their price and unique daily traffic stats... and we'll see why...

•••
crazy said:
Sell them on this forum, ebay should only be used when you are selling very high traffic and popular domains.
is that a rule, or just a tip? Sorry, I can't tell the difference through the net! :lol:

•••
•••
Perhaps in this case, you should list the better ones indivisually.

Just an idea.

•••
start with a lower starting bid

•••
you should break up the auctions because some people might want one name while others want a different one.

•••
I would try and break them up... also I'm thinking about registering some domains on myvaluehost.com ... how has your experence been with them?

•••
swimjenni said:
I would try and break them up... also I'm thinking about registering some domains on myvaluehost.com ... how has your experence been with them?

selling domains is not that easy! you got to find the right end users would need that particular name..

you can offer you " traffic names" here!

as for myvaluehost.com...i dont find their control panel easy to use!

i would stay clear of them!

Last edited:
•••
These may be a few different reasons
- someone may just want one domain and may not be able to afford $2000
- they are regged at heaps of different registrars, some people don't have accounts to all them registrars and don't wanna sign up to them

•••
I think an outright offer to send all the logins/pass accounts might help, as opposed to saying you'd push, and if they don't then you give the login. Just semantics :P but it sounds better.

And I don't think all of them combined are really worth that high a price at all ... you have some great names, like BrowserStuff.com and (well maybe) WeStealMusic.com, but alot of them like DunBreakTheRules.com, OneShittySite.com, and so on ... aren't really worth it. I'd say you could break up your best domains and sell on Ebay and just auction the rest off here. Just my opinion.

•••
I would recomend try selling them individually,Although ebay is'nt the worst place to sell DN,Most bidders want that bottom dollar deal,You might try selling here first.

•••
Humdizzy said:
I have so many good domains with traffic comming everyday with no promoting or advertising at all. Why dont these domains sell? I list them on ebay and nothing. What am I doing wrong? What should I try?

If your domains are getting real typein traffic, or if they are really developed and people found them useful enough to bookmark and return, then sales would be much more likely. But selling is unlikely if the traffic is artificial, such as you discussed here: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=79308

Humdizzy said:
I put links in my sig and I spam forums and i tell people on here to go to the site for two np to get my traffic up. Lol

Which of the domains listed in your ebay auction are getting real traffic? If you can prove it, many here (me included) would be interested.

•••
MyValueHost.com doesn't have push, do they? I had a heck of a time helping another NP'r get his domain and the domain is still listed under my account when it comes time to renew. Using strange registrars may be cheaper, but it makes it that much harder to sell in the long run. RegFly, Enom, Domainsite, GoDaddy (or their reseller), NameCheap seem to be the domain registrars of choice. The others are a much harder sell because of the lack of push.

I agree with what others have said. Separate them out and you'll probably have better luck. Ebay is a place that is considered for bargains. The high price is probably scaring people off for all of them. Also if they are getting traffic, you need to mention how much, give a link to stats, etc. That will also help you get more interest.

•••
sunken said:
MyValueHost.com doesn't have push, do they?

Just f.y.i.
Few years ago, I bought a website on ebay and the domain name was registered at MyValueHost.com . I tried to transfer it to my registrar but with no luck! I emailed them many times with no success. It was a nightmare! They even restricted the domain admin control! I had to let the domain expire.

•••
The only domain I ever promoted was fiosinternet.com Thats why it has the most hits as shown in the screenshot attached. All the other domains before I even tried to sell them were getting traffic. Most of the domains are about new things comming out or not yet out yet and people want to know more about the things. The maybach in maybach rental .com and maybach rentals.com is the hottest symbol car to date. If your in that car it must mean you have money but not all people can afford the car (the car costs 400k) so people like to rent them for parties and stuff. You can see on MTV My Super Sweet Sixteen and party shows people renting them for proms and stuff.

Edit: All the domains I bother parking are the ones I would say are the best. And those are the ones who have showed me good traffic results. One that I couldn't park at sedo I parked at afternic. It is BMW130i.com. Lots of people say that There are possible TM issues with the domain. BMW never ever registers a domain for a specific car neverless a series of cars. There are tons of BMW model domains out there running a site. If you try and current model out, theres a domain for it and its not owned by BMW. The 130i hasn't came out yet. It will be out this fall in the uk and in the spring of next year in the us. If you google it this car is very popular already it not being out and all. I added the traffic stats for the bmw domain at afternic.

Last edited:
•••
here's my 2 cents:

1. alot of TM's in that package. only some domainers will eve touch names with TM's
2. WAY Too many different registrars to sell in one package.
3. Those aren't traffic names. Those stats show very little traffic. A traffic name will have OVT w/ ext and probably a min of 10 hits per day consistantly IMO.
4. With 1,2,3 i mind your package is over priced. most of those names are reg fee or less.

Sorry, not trying to bash in any way. That's not my style. You came with the question why your names weren't selling. I simply put in my 2 cents.

Try selling groups by registrar or one at a time.

Good luck with your sales.

Last edited:
•••
•••
there are alot of reasons , maybe your prices are high. maybe your presentation is not proper etc...

•••
Like somebody else said - the quality of the names themselves, is well....reg fee or less.

•••
yeah ebay only works imo if you either feature the auction or make the name bold and colored. But hey im on the same boat my domains arent selling either.

Best of luck
Spy

•••
hehe......i sold my first name only after a year!!!;) as i said, it is a waiting game

Last edited:
•••
Yeah.. I recived an offer on phpcodes.net for $100, but user desided to go with another users php related domain for $120 :| It's not easy to sell domains..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back