sales Why this startup structured their 3L.com acquisition as a lease to own

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Mux builds powerful APIs for video encoding, hosting, streaming and data. Last year an employee there wrote a very interesting and in depth post on how they acquired Mux.com. They started out on Mux.co which they paid $1,200 for, they then stalked someone on Reddit to get Mux.io, it was secured for a three figure […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks. It was nice to read a deal from the buyers PoV, without any of the BS we often get from both sides. As a seller, I always prefer cash-in-hand, but I would probably have agreed to the deal too, from the information given.

•••
Really interesting. Probably the wisest option a startup can do, as you have low budget and you need some time to see results. If the business doesn't prosper as expected, you can move on.

•••
Very interesting article, thanks.
I suggested a lease arrangement to a startup that was interested in one of my names, but they didn't even bother to respond. I might send them this article, because it makes a very good case (and from a buyers perspective) for a lease or lease to own type of arrangement.
If someone here at NP knows the price that was agreed (or a ballpark figure), that would be really helpful : )

•••
Very interesting article, thanks.
I suggested a lease arrangement to a startup that was interested in one of my names, but they didn't even bother to respond. I might send them this article, because it makes a very good case (and from a buyers perspective) for a lease or lease to own type of arrangement.
If someone here at NP knows the price that was agreed (or a ballpark figure), that would be really helpful : )

I would guess it's at least six figures, with the amount of end-loading which happened in this case.

•••
Great article, that one can be sent to end buyers when theya act like rats and not want to pay real price for domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back