Dynadot

discuss Why shold client buy GEO domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

levinsondomains

Established Member
Impact
Hi friends,
I just finished this article and will be glad if you find it informative :

Why Do You need to Get Exact Match GEO Domains?
For many years, there has been a debate whether businesses should consider getting Exact Match Geo Domains or just settle for normal domain names. Considering the benefits that come with the former, it is safe to say you definitely need exact match GEO domains.

Over the years I received a lot of questions from concerned clients that asked me "you have a great domain, but why I need it?" so I decided to write about the clear benefits of these great domains that can upgrade any local business.

GEO domains are awesome. They, without a doubt, tell your visitor everything he needs to know about your business with little or no ambiguity.

What Are GEO Domains By the Way?
GEO domains are domain names that cater to a specific location, especially cities. GEO domains have been hailed for their SEO benefits. Not only does it make it clear to your site visitor what your business is all about, Google, as well as other search engines, love them.

How Do These Domains Work?
Let's say you have a plumbing business that caters specifically to the city of Los Angeles, it makes more sense that you get a GEO domain with Los Angeles attached.

Take a look at two examples below:

• LosAngelesPlumber.com
  • EricPlumbingLosAngeles.com
Without a doubt, the first domain name which is a good example of Exact-Match domain tells you everything you need to know about the business. By just looking at the domain, you will instantly recognize it is a plumbing company that caters to Los Angeles. This is reason GEO domains do well in search engine.

Geo domains are a great investment. Let's take a look why you need them.

"You can still get GEO domains even when you already have an established domain name. Create a second site around your Geo domain or redirect the URL to your main site."
Top 5 Reasons To Get Exact Match GEO Domains
1. Local Authority
Even with the advancement of internet and technology, it still remains in our nature to do business with our neighbor and people we can easily reach physically.

An average person will choose a company close to him than one that is miles away. This is caused by trust factor. We trust companies that are located locally and easily reachable. In case of any problem, you can easily drive down and sort things out.

If your target is to become a local authority, you need a Geo domain. A simple look at your domain name gets a resident of your city to find out more about your services.

2. Brand Awareness
Is your business associated with a respected and well-known brand? It makes more sense to align your website URL with the brand using Exact-Match URL and GEO-targeting.

Take for an example: You sell Ford cars in Los Angeles, you can go for a domain that is both exact match and GEO-targeted by getting something like: LosAngelesFordcars.com.

3. Easier to Rank in Search Engine
SEO aspects are one of the most interesting issues when talking about GEO EMD's -Exact Match Domain names back in 2012 There was a time when you just needed a Domain with your targeted keyword, with no or less content & is ranked on the 1st page of Google. A lot of spammy blogs ranked very high on google so google changed the Algorithm and announced that they don't give much weight to an EMD.

is that so?
continue read here - GEO Domains

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
one thing i dont understand. If i have a site like mumbai hotels dot com, & then a hotel in india like TAj hotel by that as multiple website/domain,.

When people will type mubai hotels or hotel mumbai- will they get to see taj hotel in front page google results?

•••
Thanks for sharing very informative post on Geo domain.
Regards
DpakH

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back