IT.COM

Why is Escrow.com sending me a bill prior to disbursement?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So...I just closed a deal and I am we are using Escrow.com. Buyer paid. Funds are $x,xxx and with Escrow. so why would Escrow send me a Paypal Invoice to me when the buyer agreed to shoulder all costs involved in the transaction? The email said ....

Fee shortage fot TID 1234567 - Buying of domainname.com Amount Due $175.49

Why am I getting this? Is this normal?

shouldn't Escrow at the very least deduct this amount from the funds sent by buyer? why am I being asked upfront to pay just to get disbursement?

First time this ever happened to me. Weird......

this ever happen to anyone else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes - me too on my last sale done through escrow.com. I just ignored the "invoice" and the buyer paid the escrow fee.

•••
yea I panicked and came here. Thought the thread might be useful to someone.

I worked it out with the buyer and escrow. The buyer paid the invoice.

Escrow.com being such a big company. how could a mistake like this happen?

not for nothing but seller should not have access to such info that the buyer was "short".

That should be kept private between Escrow and the buyer.

Something like this no matter how innocent can jeopardize a sale. A seller might get cold feet or get pissed and cancel a deal. You never know though. People are odd sometimes.

Glad I sorted it out.

I'm sure this not an isolated incident with Escrow and is part of bigger issues with Escrow from what I've read in threads on NP.

Is Escrow going down?

I will say this. The Rep I got on the phone with was a "sassy" Filipino who could not get off the phone quick enough. lol

•••
yea I panicked and came here. Thought the thread might be useful to someone.

I worked it out with the buyer and escrow. The buyer paid the invoice.

Escrow.com being such a big company. how could a mistake like this happen?

not for nothing but seller should not have access to such info that the buyer was "short".

That should be kept private between Escrow and the buyer.

Something like this no matter how innocent can jeopardize a sale. A seller might get cold feet or get pissed and cancel a deal. You never know though. People are odd sometimes.

Glad I sorted it out.

I'm sure this not an isolated incident with Escrow and is part of bigger issues with Escrow from what I've read in threads on NP.

Is Escrow going down?

I will say this. The Rep I got on the phone with was a "sassy" Filipino who could not get off the phone quick enough. lol

A simple PM to one of the Escrow.com agents on this forum would have likely resulted in a more definitive answer, imo.

@Escrow.com Support

•••
•••
This is a bad feeling, I hate it when a popular company having such glitches like if they are new landed site.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @WhoaDomain.com,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention (and thanks to @RevolutionaryDomains for tagging us, we appreciate it!).

Sellers using Escrow.com are not required or asked to send upfront payments just to get disbursement for a transaction that is set up in our platform.

We sent you a PM here so we can investigate this further with your specific transaction details.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back