IT.COM

Why I transferred all my domains from GoDaddy to Uniregistry ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Very simple :

Godaddy is complicated
Godaddy is confusing

Uniregistry is simple and good and i get topcoins
Uniregistry has the best dashboard in the field

i guess Godaddy is just habit
there is really no reason for me to remain at Godaddy

"you dont discover new worlds,
if you do not have the courage, to leave the coastal"

the time will show it :

there is no alternate to Uniregistry

even to search for new domains is fun and makes sense

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please tell me when and where you've used these topcoins. Thanks.

•••
hi
when i register new domains
you also can send these topcoins to friends or customers so that they get a discount

•••
You should also add that they have amazing support

For the last 2-3 days I've been sending them a wall of questions and they answered all with each answer making perfect sense

•••

hey Beezy,
each new domain I have purchased, that was not already in some kind of discount, got a $ reduction
Sometimes it's automatic, other times you need to fill a box that's under the price when you pay for the domain

•••
You should also add that they have amazing support

For the last 2-3 days I've been sending them a wall of questions and they answered all with each answer making perfect sense
to be honest
the best support is at namecheap ( live chat )
but Uniregistry is new and i have a good live contact at skype to get my questions answered

•••
Because you haven't met with NameSilo yet : )

•••
to be honest
the best support is at namecheap ( live chat )
but Uniregistry is new and i have a good live contact at skype to get my questions answered

totally agree there
if you're like me that prefers the written word than waiting to talk over the phone (I usually do other stuff as well when getting support) then chat rules :)

I must say that NC is not what it used to be though. After the new interface switch their quality has dropped substantially on all levels... not sure why

•••

Uniregistry have the same quality support as Namesilo. That's why they were the two I voted on the recent poll here on NP ;)

•••
i have domains at namesilo but also these will be all transferred

there is no alternate to Uniregistry at this time

•••
Currently I am not using any of them but I am sure I would prefer UNIREGISTRY instead of GODADDY - one reason is their minimalisitc and light design (visually pleasant while working).

And, they have the best domain slogan I have read so far: 'It all begins with an ending' ;)

•••
Currently I am not using any of them but I am sure I would prefer UNIREGISTRY instead of GODADDY - one reason is their minimalisitc and light design (visually pleasant while working).

And, they have so far the best domain slogan I have read: 'It all begins with an ending' ;)
check their prices too
.poker for 3,88 and 50% topcoin - you cant beat this

•••
I've never had a problems with GoDaddy and their customer service has always been great when I had any questions.

Their data base is massive so I find if I want to sell a domain cheaply it moves very fast when I use premium listings...

Uniregistry is very impressive and I'm sure over time they might become the no.1 registry of choice if they continue to improve the way they are. I do agree they have an amazing interface and very easy to use and that's what a lot of people like :)

•••
I dont understand Godaddy and specially not the Godaddy auction
even the Godaddy App is nuts !!!
you can,t start an Auction from the App

•••
here is an example of typical godaddy that *just* happened to me a few secs ago
-I'm searching for a domain to purchase
-it is found as available
-I click to select and then move to my cart
-message comes up: 'no domain is selected'

I repeat the process... domain always comes up as available.. same message comes up
I changed browsers.. same thing happens

that's godaddy my friends

•••
Can you auction your domains in Uniregistry.com

•••
While Uniregistry is great and all, I've never felt comfortable keeping my domains with just one registrar for some reason... And if you're chasing lowest reg prices, as I am, you naturally end up having your domains with multiple registrars. Granted, it's a bit of a hassle to manage them sometimes...

•••
Although Uniregistry has some good developed website, i still think Godaddy is best It's not just habbit. However there should be some good reason to do such move.. For example if Uniregistry start some $1 transfer promotion then i can consider it.. Otherwise no reason to pay extra $8 for my existing domains in Godaddy.

•••
Very simple :

Godaddy is complicated
Godaddy is confusing

Uniregistry is simple and good and i get topcoins
Uniregistry has the best dashboard in the field

i guess Godaddy is just habit
there is really no reason for me to remain at Godaddy

"you dont discover new worlds,
if you do not have the courage, to leave the coastal"

the time will show it :

there is no alternate to Uniregistry

even to search for new domains is fun and makes sense

Thanks for posting your experience. I'm a bit frustrated by GoDaddy as of late. Especially given one cannot bulk edit multiple domains at one time to change DNS records or Nameservers. Pretty common sense functionality that Name and Namecheap have for example.

What kind of percent does their brokerage service take?

•••
Thanks for posting your experience. I'm a bit frustrated by GoDaddy as of late. Especially given one cannot bulk edit multiple domains at one time to change DNS records or Nameservers. Pretty common sense functionality that Name and Namecheap have for example.

Im fairly positive you can, at least you used to be able to. select the names you want to change, more > nameservers...along that line. If you register more than buying on the aftermarket, set it as your domain defaults.

Namecheap has had the ~worst backend for years now, up until that long over due update theyve made. They needed the better customer support to make up for that. Name.com I havent used for quite some time actively, but I always remember being happy with it. Im hard pressed to find a better registrar than godaddy as it stands per pricing, design, and customer support. Uniregistry isnt without issues and DNS's design, support, etc, im not an incredible fan of either.

•••

yes, you can. pretty easily in fact. go to "manage domains", check every box on the left that you want to update, hover over the nameservers tab and edit nameservers.

other than that i think godaddy is pretty much garbage and i would never intentionally buy a service from them. prices are terrible, page layout makes my eyes bleed.

•••
Namecheap is crazy. Their Android app is just as bad.

You can't do bulk TXT records for example....but yes you can do Nameservers.

•••
i was much happier with the previous namecheap dashboard. not so much anymore. now i can't get a precise total of domains i have at namecheap (somewhere over 500) without asking live chat.

namecheaps live chat is outstanding though, always been super helpful and fast. their pricing has always been competitive and if their site wasn't down yesterday for a moment i probably wouldn't have found uniregistry. uniregistry saved me 9 dollars on a .domains purchase yesterday over namecheap.

•••
•••
namecheaps live chat is outstanding though, always been super helpful and fast.

But the fact that you even have to use support means that your either missing something or the company/namecheap is. Contacting is usually a last resort. If I can find it myself directly or via a support help page, than a business really isn't doing the best job they can. The best support is the one I won't need.

i was much happier with the previous namecheap dashboard.

I don't believe you haha. There wasn't/isn't a backend that was worse than namecheap. Whether it was the hidden menus or the incredible propagation time when changing ~anything. I never understood why namecheap received much praise, outside out their transfer promos from time to time. Looking at it now, it's improved immensely imo..... while still being incredibly redundant. A "dashboard" that shows my domains, a "domain list" that shows only my domains, an "expiring soon" that shouldn't be it's own menu item imo, a "product list" that contains only ssl certs, and a billing section that has to provide for file downloads "bulk" Nevermind, they've made it look better, but functionally, it's the same.

Now i can't get a precise total of domains i have at namecheap (somewhere over 500) without asking live chat.

Log in > Dashboard > "View all domains" > "All" (box) > "Actions" > choose an action and should show the domain count. I doubt there's a way (that they have setup), so that's ~easy work around.

•••
Back