Domain Empire

.info Why I LOVE .Info!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I love .Info domains for SE indexing and ranking because "info" itself is a keyword!

My CampaignNews.info is ranked #1 out of 1,676,404 results on MSN, for example, when you enter Campaign News Info as a search.

(It's also ranked #1 for Campaign News Commentary and has 600+ relevant poplinks, not bad for a NEW blog, eh?) Already 146 uniques in just 9 days!

:xf.love:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks! Me, too! :hehe: Not a bad choice for an .info I paid 60 cents for!

owntype said:
I love your info :)

•••
You are right !
I am also a .info addict.

I strongly beleive, that .info time is still to come.
Expecially in terms of gerneric names itself ;)

I recently also purchased a wonderfull .info for high xxx

Knock on Wood ;)

•••
I can see a min. 300-400$ resale price for LLL.info's by the end of 2007.. Imho .info is just about to rise. Dgridley, i have the same experience with .info+msn combination, i just wish that google would rank higher .info's as well, maybe the time will come.

•••
I think MSN's results for the top ranks tend to discount age more than Google and MSN tends to rank more relevantly IMO.. I hate searching on Google and hitting 5-10 pages of crap before I find any really relevant.

EDIT: Just checked.. it shows up 3rd out of 18 million for campaign news and commentary on Google, and down at the bottom of the first page if I omit the "and"... BUT Campaign News Info is buried on Google.. go figure.

tetrapak said:
I can see a min. 300-400$ resale price for LLL.info's by the end of 2007.. Imho .info is just about to rise. Dgridley, i have the same experience with .info+msn combination, i just wish that google would rank higher .info's as well, maybe the time will come.

Last edited:
•••
it seems msn puts so much strength just on the domain name , that will change eventually , i like have a key word made out of the domain and its #1 on msn without any links or much dev????? ,,, that stats are terrible for msn hardley anyone uses them, though if your on google your traffic is mighty............ just check the stats

•••
Yup thats the same experience I had. Also Msn shows newer sites pretty quick than google let it be .info or .com or .cc

harpo said:
it seems msn puts so much strength just on the domain name , that will change eventually , i like have a key word made out of the domain and its #1 on msn without any links or much dev????? ,,, that stats are terrible for msn hardley anyone uses them, though if your on google your traffic is mighty............ just check the stats

•••
For a while there I thought that the .info hype was just a bunch of people who could get a better ROI on a $.60-$.75 name than a $7.00 name but more and more the .info domain is growing on me and I'm now thinking that I probably underated this extension. There is more to the .info domain than their unique pricing strategy.

•••
My fave extension. :)

Despite the cheap prices, there's still plenty of great names out there AND you can pick up some great ones for next to nothing, as I have done many times.

It's often much better fitting than the alternatives too.

•••
dgridley said:
I love .Info domains for SE indexing and ranking because "info" itself is a keyword!

My CampaignNews.info is ranked #1 out of 1,676,404 results on MSN, for example, when you enter Campaign News Info as a search.

(It's also ranked #1 for Campaign News Commentary and has 600+ relevant poplinks, not bad for a NEW blog, eh?) Already 146 uniques in just 9 days!

:xf.love:

Great to hear your stats, and nice .info I must say :)
I find before the dot has to suit with the .info and this one does!

•••
I too am a big .info fan.

At first i didnt realise that there as many good names left, despite the constant special offers, and low standard reg fee.

I just hope ICAAN doesn't screw things up for .info (and .biz, .org) with these new contracts they are discussing.details here

•••
My parked site apply loan .info got a pr1 ranking so i guess info's are ok.

•••
Does anyone have any proof that .info itself is a key in SEO rankings. Due to it being an ext. If so, I may stow some .coms for now and promote some .infos.

•••
I love .info because it's not .mobi

•••
whitebark said:
Good point! :tu: :laugh:

•••
I think it's obvious.. type in a keyword .info with or without quotes and see how it ranks... alot, myself included, use info as part of their keyword search..

RonnieW said:
Does anyone have any proof that .info itself is a key in SEO rankings. Due to it being an ext. If so, I may stow some .coms for now and promote some .infos.

I'm with you on this one.. makes you nervous.. you build up an .info with great traffic and ranking only to have your registrar hold you up for ransom on renewal! Shiver me timbers.. it's piracy!

ForSaleSign said:
I too am a big .info fan.

At first i didnt realise that there as many good names left, despite the constant special offers, and low standard reg fee.

I just hope ICAAN doesn't screw things up for .info (and .biz, .org) with these new contracts they are discussing.details here

•••
whitebark said:
:lol:

.info my first love :xf.love:

•••
Just by its very nature, .info is the most FUNDAMENTAL and BASIC tld of the Internet....I've no doubt in my mind that if it had been rolled out at the same time as .com/.net/.org, it would have been the most widely used extension by now. Although its coming along quite nicely, my prediction is that sometime in the next 3-5 years it'd hit it's "tipping point" so to speak....a point where it'd gain lot of momentum within a relatively short period of time (few months)....thats when majority of the general public would become aware of its existence and start using it in the browser as type-ins....that would be the day .info holders would love to celebrate. :)

•••
•••
I have been an info fan for a long time.

I have a number of info sites which consistantly generate a little income stream.

1 developed site -- nothing for sale -- just... and pays high $xx per month and growing. Just checked and mid $x.xx for yesterday. In addition I get referal clicks to my commercial sites.
Interesting that it is #2 in MSN, has a PR4 but doesn't show in the first 100 Google results.
Go Figure!

•••
My blog domain is .info
because it's information.
Cool.

•••
whitebark said:
:) I love .mobi as well as .info (as you can see from my signature)
but .info is a real beauty, a gem whose value will hopefully soon be proven.

•••
My hometown now uses a .info for their site. It's funny how popular .info is, considering ppl thought they were worthless long ago, when registrars gave them away free.

•••
I always thought .info was a no-brainer.. always was astounded at those who couldn't see the potential.

Archangel said:
It's funny how popular .info is, considering ppl thought they were worthless long ago, when registrars gave them away free.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back