IT.COM

discuss Why & How you Entered in Domaining Business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
This question just came in my mind when I was thinking about what new thing I should post to generate some activity from my end Lol :) Though this may have been discussed in different ways, but Why&How can be very interesting to hear at the same time.

It made me think, when and how I entered into this, it seems like it just happened, not like some shit happened, but really it is a cool thing to enter & it has helped in gaining some very useful skills, attitude & knowledge in my life.

When I bought a few domains for my project, it happens then & there, I started thinking about more names. Then I somehow came across flippa & namepros and some other blogs that made me think it is a business model as well, for some part time, a little fun & for some it is like bread & butter. I ventured into this to generate some more money, & I really find it amazing to find names.

Care to share your story please :) Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice idea =-D Funny reading your thread brought back memories.

The interesting thing about my story is that I was buying domains and interacting with building websites and doing Google Adsense from 2009 to 2012. At that moment I was not aware of selling domains as a business. Well I know I saw the concept somewhere but did not pay much attention to it since I was pretty successful with Adsense on till Google made all that disappear =-/

It was not until 2014 that I began to be intrigued by the concept of buying and selling domains at a profit. Thanks to Domain Sherpa and the great information there I was launched into the wonderful industry of domains. I began just going crazy absorbing as much information as possible and started learning from others.

I agree with you it is fun and it is something you can develop a true passion from. Then add the fact of how lucrative and profitable it can be it really fuels and motivates you to do it even more.

My huge why for doing this is I wanted to find an industry that has potential to be a long term business investment to which I was awarded a majority of the control of. I also wanted it to be something I actually liked doing and was eager to learn more about. The Domain Industry was exactly what I was looking for =-D

I learn something new everyday and the more I learn the more valuable information I can pass on to others along the way.

- Will

•••
I started in 2013. My wife was looking to start up a business, but the .com for the name was already registered.

Fortunately for us. I found out that it was expiring on godaddy. And I won it at auction.

After that I started watching auctions for good domain names to fit a few websites I wanted to try to develop as projects for myself, which led me to discovering what domaining was. Which let me to discovering this site and regging about 80 domains with godaddy codes.

I had some success selling about 12 domains within a couple of months once I started targeting endusers for xxx and I was hooked. I started off on GeoKeyword industry domains which got me some good flips.

I didnt do much for much of 2014 because my real job was pretty demanding and I was mentally exhausted. I still got a few sales but I'm picking it back up as I have focused on process improvement at the day job and have a good team that allows me to free up a little more time and work less overtime.

I did get better at finding and buying domains. I feel that its time to ramp it up, invest more and expand my portfolio.

Now I'm trying to dedicate an hour or two a day to doing something productive for my domain investments, but its just a side investment right now.

•••
I googled "how to make money on the net" and an article about making money with parked domains came up. That was three years ago and I've still not made any money through parking but I've sold a few domains. Still just a biginner but I enjoy it and that's the main thing.

•••
i knew about the domain market years ago, but nothing about the whole process . i had been told stories about people making money by buying and selling domains. So one night i decided to search more info about this industry. I understood that somehow it is an alternative way of gambling but you never know what you will get ! So i decided to give a try and here i am.

•••
Sick of working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day in a factory!

Had to do it for 6 years though and come home every night and try to sell domains, killer!

Finished work in Jan this year, domainer full time now and flipping domains on a serious silly level!

Cheers

Stu

•••
"It was a warm summer night...."

•••
•••
I started domaining with the idea of making some money and then move to websiting to generate a more constant revenue.
Ticked the first.
Ticking the second.
:xf.smile:

•••
Nice idea =-D Funny reading your thread brought back memories.

The interesting thing about my story is that I was buying domains and interacting with building websites and doing Google Adsense from 2009 to 2012. At that moment I was not aware of selling domains as a business. Well I know I saw the concept somewhere but did not pay much attention to it since I was pretty successful with Adsense on till Google made all that disappear =-/

It was not until 2014 that I began to be intrigued by the concept of buying and selling domains at a profit. Thanks to Domain Sherpa and the great information there I was launched into the wonderful industry of domains. I began just going crazy absorbing as much information as possible and started learning from others.

I agree with you it is fun and it is something you can develop a true passion from. Then add the fact of how lucrative and profitable it can be it really fuels and motivates you to do it even more.

My huge why for doing this is I wanted to find an industry that has potential to be a long term business investment to which I was awarded a majority of the control of. I also wanted it to be something I actually liked doing and was eager to learn more about. The Domain Industry was exactly what I was looking for =-D

I learn something new everyday and the more I learn the more valuable information I can pass on to others along the way.

- Will
It is really awesome to read how you find domains as an investment opportunity. I have seen website developers & IT people who are not aware about the the Domaining Business Model. Thanks for taking time & share your thoughts. :)

•••
I started in 2013. My wife was looking to start up a business, but the .com for the name was already registered.

Fortunately for us. I found out that it was expiring on godaddy. And I won it at auction.

After that I started watching auctions for good domain names to fit a few websites I wanted to try to develop as projects for myself, which led me to discovering what domaining was. Which let me to discovering this site and regging about 80 domains with godaddy codes.

I had some success selling about 12 domains within a couple of months once I started targeting endusers for xxx and I was hooked. I started off on GeoKeyword industry domains which got me some good flips.

I didnt do much for much of 2014 because my real job was pretty demanding and I was mentally exhausted. I still got a few sales but I'm picking it back up as I have focused on process improvement at the day job and have a good team that allows me to free up a little more time and work less overtime.

I did get better at finding and buying domains. I feel that its time to ramp it up, invest more and expand my portfolio.

Now I'm trying to dedicate an hour or two a day to doing something productive for my domain investments, but its just a side investment right now.
It is indeed very hard to follow things after a full time job. I too have faced this situation a lot of time, (almost all the time, even before domaining :) Best of Luck with all your ventures.

•••
I am a full time freelance writer and also an author with 6 published ebooks. Now I ump into this business to earn more bucks :)

•••
I am a full time freelance writer and also an author with 6 published ebooks. Now I ump into this business to earn more bucks :)
Best of Luck in this new venture & Great to hear that you are from writers fraternity. Here at namepros I have seen a content writing section as well, though I have not been there often, but there are freelance writers there promoting their services & finding clients.

•••
Best of Luck in this new venture & Great to hear that you are from writers fraternity. Here at namepros I have seen a content writing section as well, though I have not been there often, but there are freelance writers there promoting their services & finding clients.
Thanks.. I will check that section too :)

•••
After a 15 years lull, restarted few days ago when I have too much time in my hands. During my time, Network Solutions was the only registrar. Book first, pay later.

Right now relearning and experimenting.

•••
After a 15 years lull, restarted few days ago when I have too much time in my hands. During my time, Network Solutions was the only registrar. Book first, pay later.

Welcome back and all the best!!

•••
I started really getting into domaining when I was making Adsense sites on EMDs for SEO back when EMDs mattered to SEO. I eventually had too many projects ideas, buying more domains "just in case" I would have time to develop them later.

•••
I got into domaining when I started with affiliate marketing and needed domains to match what I was promoting. Then one day I noticed the classified ads on SitePoint (remember the pre-Flippa era) and saw people buying and selling domains. I sold my 1st domain which had to do acai berry (the trend back then). I then bought several more domains and forgot about them until I got a check in the mail from GoDaddy.
...And that is where the addiction began

•••
I was a web developer on freelancer.com and I was tired of working 1-2 months for the same project/customer.

I liked domaining because you make the deal, you transfer the domain (5 minutes) and then you can starting to looking for new sales :)

•••
I was a web developer on freelancer.com and I was tired of working 1-2 months for the same project/customer.

I liked domaining because you make the deal, you transfer the domain (5 minutes) and then you can starting to looking for new sales :)
Yes, it is quite fascinating to make a domain sale. :)

•••

WoW! 15 Years is quite a long time Sir. Best of Luck with all your Ventures & Have a Great time.

•••
Sick of working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day in a factory!

Had to do it for 6 years though and come home every night and try to sell domains, killer!

Finished work in Jan this year, domainer full time now and flipping domains on a serious silly level!

Cheers

Stu
Great example!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back