Dynadot

.mobi Why donwload.mobi is Premium Name but downlaod is not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

owntype

DomainName.comTop Member
Impact
Why donwload.mobi is Premium Name but downlaod is not?

The criterion is no criterion?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
what is ur point here / what u mean by that?...please explain more precisely..

•••
owntype said:
Why donwload.mobi is Premium Name but downlaod is not?
donwload is not premium, however download is because it has meaning :hi:

•••
he's asking why one domain typo is premium, but another isn't. But as for the question, I don't know. Maybe because of the way people type, one of them is more common.

•••
Palyriot said:
he's asking why one domain typo is premium, but another isn't. But as for the question, I don't know. Maybe because of the way people type, one of them is more common.

It has to do that Neuro-linguistically speaking... typing on a keyboard is WAY (and I meant every singal cap) different from typing on a cellphone... speed, tenor, etc... everything we would expect from a .COM typo, does NOT resonate when one would be typing a url on a cellphone... try it on your own cellphone.... if you DO get a typo... I gaurantee you it's likely to be different from the typo you'ld get on a QWERTY keyboard or otherwise...

Good question though.... worth disscusing in further detail.

•••
nandanmathure said:
what is ur point here / what u mean by that?...please explain more precisely..

OK, more clear

My friend missed the 1st round of Landrush, and he told me he wants reg some popular TYPO! My opinion is no TYPO .mobi at this time, but he is still hesitating on it.

As we all known, "donwload" and "downlaod" are the two most common TYPO of "download"

So I checked the whois of these two names, I thought they won't be reged simply because the mobile user won't that easy to make mistake of TYPO as they do with traditional QWERT keyword, even there is a mini qwerty keyword comes with the mobile phones. I hope this could be a good example to let my friend know no one is interested in TYPO .mobi currently because there are quite alot decent and suitable keywords left for .mobi.

But what I saw is "donwload" has been put into the Premium Name list as "download" by mTLD. However, "downlaod" is opened to public in landrush period and it has beeeen reged within 4 mins after the start of landrush.

Maybe this is a bored question, but I am interested in how mTLD choose the Premium Name? and do you guys believe to reg a popular TYPO is a good idea for .mobi???? (Personally, I doubt it strongly)

We could imagine when "donwload" or "downlaod" TYPOs do become common on mobile device as they did on PC/LAPTOP keyboards in future, how widely used the .mobi should be :yell:

(Plz ignore my english grammar mistakes :) )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back