Dynadot

Why doesn't my autorun CD work on their computers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Good day,

I've created an autorun CD with a software called "Visual Autorun", on my Athlon 1.6 mhz w/Windows XP & it works fine. I tested it on a PIII 900mhz w/Windows XP & it worked perfectly. I then tested it on my sisters PIII 600 mhz w/ Windows 98 & it didnt start up. I had to manually go to "My Computer" & run the file. Would anyone know why this problem would occur, and is there a website or tutorial that would help me with this?

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi again deadserious, I checked my sisters computer & it is "enabled" to autorun CD's, thats strange...... Do you know of some troubleshootiung website I can look at about creating CD presentations?

•••
•••
Did teh cd run if you gto "My comp" , "Open" or "Exploere" the cd ?

•••
I had to open "Mycomputer" & cliclk on the sctual projector file to laucnh it.

•••
What is you sisters Os , is it win95 ?if it is thne i think if you don't update is it doesn't ahve an autorun , also cd drivers can be old so they don't sopport autorun (very old :D ) , adn try chnagin the cd rom dirve it might cause the problem as well.

•••
I also started to think that maybe the old HP 8500 burner on the system could be the case.

Thanks for the help everyone

•••
burner doesn't ahve anything to do with , it try it on normal new computer with win xp , or 2000.YOu sisters comp might have a bad cd rom ,as i said before i had a simular problem and i had to change cd rom to correct it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back