IT.COM

.me Why are .me not included on namebio.com??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

I regularly frequent namebio.com always interested in the days sales of domains around the globe and noticed no .me! So, I recently sent an email to the administrtator of namebio asking 'will they ever add .me to their category listing?

This is their response

'Matt,
The reason we dont have any .me sales listed is because the sources for which we list domain names dont seem to sell many. Ive debated the issue, but without more sales from top aftermarkets, I'm not sure there is a whole lot worth doing on this.
Justin Allen'
NameBio.com

Where can I find a decent listing of .me sales? From my understanding I thought .me was doing well. I also believe namebio's sources are sedo, tdnam, afternic, moniker, etc, dont they already sell quite a few .me domains?

Curious on everyones thoughts?
Cheers Mat

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems to an arbitrary decision as there have been many Sedo sales and, I would suspect, more .me sales than many extensions listed in NameBio.

Go to DN Sales, leave the keyword box blank and select .me extension. You will see many recent .me sales, most at Sedo.

DN Sale Price- Domain Name Sales Price and History

•••
The sales for .me seem quite low, but that's expected for such an immature extension.. A few sales have gotten high prices which bodes well for the future of this ext..

BTW, Bte.me was on that DNsales price list.. It was my domain, it sold for $110, I haven't gotten paid yet...LOL... Truthfully, I could care less if I get paid, I think I'd rather have the domain....

Anyway, I own .me with an eye towards the future... I think in 3-5 years, .me prices are going to skyrocket... If I am right, I will make out pretty well with my .me portfolio..And If I'm wrong, well, I guess I'll just lose a lot of money... But my bet is on .me, I simply like the look of it, and people seem to like to type it in, it seems more brandable than almost any other extension.....

When you make a logo for a me domain, it looks great....For instance, I own the domain bellyrings.me, the logo I made for it looks really nice...it is just a natural fit for so many names, in fact for many names, .me is a better fit than .com..... Dot me is personal, .com is commercial....

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back