Dynadot

WHOIS - Full database daily, just the dates

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

happyhappyhappy

Impact
I am looking for a way to obtain the entire .com/.net zone file that already has been matched up to the basic whois info....i am not looking for owner's names, just basic registration/expiration dates.

The goal for me is to perform analysis on this data ( like number of domains registered on a certain date for example..... I need this data refreshed daily. Does anyone know how i can get access to such data?

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Verisign offers the TLD Zone Access Program which might be of help.

Generally speaking there is no way to get this data for free.

Your main options are generally to obtain newly registered domain lists... programmatically requesting whois fields over an API which will cost, attempting to scrape public whois services (which wont be achievable) or buying a database from a company that has already generated this from API.

There are already lists available of recently expired, deleted and expiring domain names if you search on Google, if thats what you are trying to achieve.

•••
Thanks- i certainly expected to pay (within reason) and wanted to build my own db to sort through....i guess each of those companies that can create a 'pending delete' list somehow got this from whois - i kind of want to do the same.

Appreciate your comment.

•••
The zone files do not contain the relevant dates, only the domain names and name servers.
You'd have to scrape the info from the registry.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back