IT.COM

WhoIs contacts gone, what to do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whisper

Account Closed
Impact
Hello everyone,

I’m having an awfully bad trouble with one of my previous partners and thought that somebody here may perhaps have the inspiration to get the situation unlocked. :hehe:

The problem is that, round about an year ago, that business I won’t name registered a domain for one of my clients since I was in a mess and can’t do it myself, then placed its own contact folks in the WhoIs record.

Nowadays, the domain is going to expire (it will approximately the 20th of February), that company has more or less gone bankruptcy (phone gone, fax disappeared, no answer to any mail) and GKG.net, the registrar for that domain, stated several times it can’t be released by them.

If it expires, the domain is going to be out-of-the-way for quite a long time, and that’s unacceptable, of course.

That’s the mess I’m in, any suggestion is welcome. :|

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's not much you can do if the registrar isn't willing to help and the admin contacts on the domain are not responding. Keep trying to track down whoever it is listed as owning your domain. Maybe they're at another company?

•••
I have even their cell phone numbers, they just won't answer; the worst thing is that's the same for some other businesses I met on Usenet, and we're all stuck the same. :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back