Dynadot

.us Who likes .us? Here's who...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Saw this in another forum. At least a few folks think .us is a good extension.

Who likes .us

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know Ron is heavily invested in .us, but I did not know about Hoffman. Thanks for the link.

•••
Great link, interesting read :) thanks!
I have hopes for .US - dim hopes, but it's better than grim hopes. (ok, that wordplay stunk) :hehe:

M.

•••
Incidentally Fonz, I'm sure you have THIS marked on your calendar.

•••
•••
Very interesting article.

•••
•••
Fundraiser seeing your sig all I can say is

WOW

I had to rubbed my eyes to to make sure I am seeing what I'm seeing in your sig especially the first one.

•••
So how's .US doing these days? Been a few months since I've checked in around here. Seemed to me at first glance that the prices have slowed somewhat. Looks like premium LLL.US still doing reasonably well though.

ripley.

•••
Fundraiser said:
I like it too. :)

Just a little :)

Your worst name is better than my best :)

Nice collection.

•••
ripley said:
So how's .US doing these days? Been a few months since I've checked in around here. Seemed to me at first glance that the prices have slowed somewhat. Looks like premium LLL.US still doing reasonably well though.

ripley.
There were individual dot us domains reported sold for $35k, $15k and $12k within the last few weeks. Like with other extensions, more sales go unreported than reported.

The problem on the boards is that people stop selling the crap domains to each other which makes it appear the market is down. It is down - for crap domains in all extensions. 75% of domain sales result from recently jaded dreamers selling to new dreamers. New dreamers also tend to focus on new landrushes.

Obtaining keywords in extensions with long-term viability is, well, key.

•••
Fundraiser said:
There were individual dot us domains reported sold for $35k, $15k and $12k within the last few weeks. Like with other extensions, more sales go unreported than reported.
I can agree on that not based on my opinion but rather my experienced.

I had 10 state+property.US that I sold early this year totaling $2,800 and I only got them for $6.95 each ($69.50 total). Due to the private sale I would not disclosed the real names of the states.

I know they weren't in the 5 digits but a great ROI nonetheless.

I had the total of 26 of them in my cart last year but I only regged 10 (how I wish I took them all)

•••
Fundraiser said:

The problem on the boards is that people stop selling the crap domains to each other which makes it appear the market is down. It is down - for crap domains in all extensions. 75% of domain sales result from recently jaded dreamers selling to new dreamers. New dreamers also tend to focus on new landrushes.

Obtaining keywords in extensions with long-term viability is, well, key.

Apt and succinct. Want a smart young domainer to take under your wing? :D

take care.

ripley.

•••
personally I think .us is underrated and with some advertising take off a bit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back