Dynadot

advice Who is your target - End User? Domainers? Stop buying garbage

NameSilo
Watch
I will be the first to admit that I have bought some really bad names in the past - really bad. I will not renew them and many have fallen off.

Who is your target? Stop buying garbage and start putting your money into something that will sell. I get lists of names daily from people wanting me to buy their junk and I don't think they realize its junk.

How do you know if your name is garbage:
  • Would you buy it?
  • Who is the end user?
  • What will an end user do with the name?
If you cant answer those questions you have garbage - here is my latest list from a user:
BestBuyout.com
BlacksGifts.com
FashionAreas.com
HairFail.com
InsuranceDebts.com
InsuranceEstate.com
MorePins.com
ReviewMotors.com
ShopYart.com

Just because 2 names have a meaning alone doesn't mean it has a real value slapped together.

Who is the end user for these names? What domainer would buy these names?

Just my opinion - think about who is going to buy what you are regsitering

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you are still wasting your time
as you could easily do so with a better name instead
But I'm having fun - as I assume you are with your post. :)

•••
I think we've all registered some terrible domains, especially hand reg. But I find that all part of the fun! I don't think those domains are great, but I bet sometimes someone sends their list to you and you think kerrrrchiiinnnng!!

It's all part of the fun. I love having an idea and then finding out the domain hasn't been registered......granted, many of those purchases I then regret. But there's also many I don't :)

•••
Me : how bout this?
Pros: cr*p
Me : this one?
Pros : more cr*p
Me : urm ... this?
Pros : not crap

Point is .... im not a smart person , never invested in anything , and i 'know' i learn things by "trial n error'. Thats why i limit my budget

So...buying garbage taught me few things about this business .

•••
I tried the reseller way years ago, I personally didn't like it, You can make some money doing it no doubt, But, It is a personal preference, I seek development and end-user sales, I know a few who only seek development with several streams of incomes, While i have known many-many resellers-Flippers that have made a lot cash doing it.

•••
I've come to the conclusion that the only way to make money as a reseller is to pick up some of the names that clients drop. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back