Dynadot

poll Who Is The Number 1 Man in Chinese Domain Market?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
Yesterday, I saw a vote campaign titled as “Who is the Greatest Domainer of All Time?” on thedomains.com. The blogger Raymond Hackney emphasized the basic idea of this vote that there is a wide variety of choices for people to choose from, appealing to a wide variety of sensibilities.”

I track down two records of the vote results, one is from yesterday and one is today.

upload_2016-7-5_18-17-43.png

upload_2016-7-5_18-18-3.png

Comparing these two pictures, we can see that Rick Schwartz has caught up and is the number 1 now.

I was thinking of making such a poll in China as soon as I saw the one on thedomains.com. Then I did it on DN.com’s wechat handle DNclass. The voting is still going on and there are considerable numbers of voters. By the time when I am writing this post, the article has 1360 readers and 497 voters. The result comes below.

upload_2016-7-5_18-21-12.png

There is one defect of this poll. We put Chinese domainers and oversea domainers in one list and voters who are mostly Chinese can only pick one. Therefore, the poll is better described as who is the number 1 man in Chinese Domain market?

Further, the statistic of the poll shows that John Xu is ranked number 1 with 129 votes. Something about the result needs to be clarified. John Xu, though ranked number 1, is not necessarily the favorite domainer in China. Voters, which do not present the whole domaining market, may cater to our wishes as DN.com is the one running the poll.

In all, the result may not be objective. So just have fun!

Great news! DN.com is thrilled to tell you that we are running blogs for both Chinese and English speaking investors. The English website is www.dnqueen.net. It is still under construction and any suggestions or opinions will be welcomed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cynthia-great post as always. One thought id say for your English speaking blog would be to see if you can get some great brokers in China or that deal with China to post there from time to time so those of us with pinyin or other names can have some great brokers to pick from.

•••
Interesting stuff, thank you Cynthia.

•••
Cynthia-we have names like zulinqiche.com (and .cn) but we really need a great chinese speaking broker to approach the major car rental companies with this name to get the full - and major we think-value here. Thus the above post.

•••
Cynthia-we have names like zulinqiche.com (and .cn) but we really need a great chinese speaking broker to approach the major car rental companies with this name to get the full - and major we think-value here. Thus the above post.

I could be wrong but I think zulinqiche is not the commonly used word when referring to car rental.

Correct domain would be zuche.com IMO (Registered 2002)

Also this domain was registered in 2016, Valuable terms have been registered for many years, You can't handreg them obviously and when they drop they go to auction and are very costly.

Also valuable terms have all the other extensions registered.

Usually many of the longer pinyin domains are not valuable even when the translation is correct from what you hear. I have handregged a handful as well last fall and they do not get any offers. Will probably let them drop

I wouldn't just rely on Google Translate alone. They are often wrong.

Last edited:
•••
i don't care for who is NO.1 since they don't care for tiny domainers. They are very far away from me ,i just care for my own domains .and using several domains for my own projects.

that's my wish.

•••
I could be wrong but I think zulinqiche is not the commonly used word when referring to car rental.

Correct domain would be zuche.com IMO (Registered 2002)

Also this domain was registered in 2016, Valuable terms have been registered for many years, You can't handreg them obviously and when they drop they go to auction and are very costly.

Also valuable terms have all the other extensions registered.

Usually many of the longer pinyin domains are not valuable even when the translation is correct from what you hear. I have handregged a handful as well last fall and they do not get any offers. Will probably let them drop

I wouldn't just rely on Google Translate alone. They are often wrong.
Thank you but if zulinqiche.com doesn't say "car rental" im not sure what does. You may want to look up what some of the "non aged" Chinese car names ( even longer) have sold for recently. We also own zudeche.com and .cn In ten or so years i'd say these will be very aged. We're in no rush at all.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you but if zulinqiche.com doesn't say "car rental" im not sure what does. You may want to look up what some of the "non aged" Chinese car names ( even longer) have sold for recently. We also own zudeche.com and .cn In ten or so years i'd say these will be very aged. We're in no rush at all.

qichezulin is correct ,zulinqiche is not chinese thinking way. or zuqiche is our thinking way,

you really waste money , zudeche ,is english style ,for chinese ,zuche is right .there is no "de=of "

•••
qichezulin is correct ,zulinqiche is not chinese thinking way. or zuqiche is our thinking way,

you really waste money , zudeche ,is english style ,for chinese ,zuche is right .there is no "de=of "
Thank you for thinking of my money. Years ago when I first bought Boston real estate that was the slums back then people told me pretty much the same thing. By thw way-why would a top Chinese broker tell us that zudeche.com has real future potenial or that xigganche.com has potential also? We also own caifu fangdai fangdichan etc in another extension. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for thinking of my money. Years ago when I first bought Boston real estate that was the slums back then people told me pretty much the same thing. By thw way-why would a top Chinese broker tell us that zudeche.com has real future potenial or that xigganche.com has potential also? We also own caifu fangdai fangdichan etc in another extension. Have a nice day.

caifu fangdai fangdichan are both great domain in China!

•••
There are many great domainers worldwide - but there can be only one greatest domainer of all time.
In this sense, I registered the following two domains:

THEGREATESTDOMAINEROFALLTIME.TOP
thegreatestdomainerofalltime.top

THEGREATESTDOMAINEROFALLTIME.COM
thegreatestdomainerofalltime.com

Last edited:
•••
Might I suggest you listen to the Chinese domainers?

•••
Yes you may and thank you -that's why we own names such as caifu fangdai etc We also own acronyms such as xi90.com etc It's also why we listen to a well known Chinese broker that tells us zudeche.com can work or that luxing.co will also work even though it's "not correct" in pinyin due to no "v" in pinyin typing it will still be seen as "travel". What would the average common Chinese domainer here on NP have said about MingChe.com? In other words we'll pick who we listen to very carefully when it comes to these names. As im sure you know mingche.com sold for over $2million usd.

•••
Yes you may and thank you -that's why we own names such as caifu fangdai etc .

That doesn't mean as much as you might think, as the keywords are under .ch which is very niche. There are only 90 .ch domains listed on 4.cn (out of at least 5 milllion in other extensions) I think that most Chinese registrars don't even support .ch. That is why it will never be as valuable as .cn com.cn or .com, .net etc..

A terrible name under a great extension isn't worth anything but a great name under a bad extension isn't worth anything either. Anyone can have a great keyword under the wrong extension.

IIt's also why we listen to a well known Chinese broker that tells us zudeche.com can work

I wonder who this well known broker is and what he really said. As you are asking $3 million for this domain, I seriously doubt that he said it can be a 7 figure name.

Most the keywords that you have posted have 0 searches, check Google Keyword tool for example, I think one has a very small search volume. These terms are not commonly used in China or in any other part of the world.

RentalsAutomobiles.com can also work and means the same as carrentals.com. Will it have the same value?

You have something like RentalsAutomobiles.com in English but assume that you own carrentals.com

Can work can mean that someone might money pay for it, that doesn't mean that someone will pay big money for it or that it is a seven figure keyword. Perhaps someone might pay you $800 for it, that would still be a great ROI and it would still have worked out.

In other words we'll pick who we listen to very carefully when it comes to these names.

If it is so valuable why didn't someone(or your broker) bother to pick up the .net in all these years?

I think the problem is that you assume that top Pinyin domains can be still handregged in 2016. This is not the case.

Last edited:
•••
What would the average common Chinese domainer here on NP have said about MingChe.com?

MingChe.com was registered in 2003 and stands for a term that is searched for tens of thousands of times a month while your domains were registered in 2016 and are words that no one uses in practice.

Top domains can only be handregged in the very early stages, if you handreg in an established market, all you will get are breadcrumbs and leftovers.

Even 5N have been taken for many years.

Last edited:
•••
That doesn't mean as much as you might think, as the keywords are under .ch which is very niche. There are only 90 .ch domains listed on 4.cn (out of at least 5 milllion in other extensions) I think that most Chinese registrars don't even support .ch. That is why it will never be as valuable as .cn com.cn or .com, .net etc..

A terrible name under a great extension isn't worth anything but a great name under a bad extension isn't worth anything either. Anyone can have a great keyword under the wrong extension.

I wonder who this well known broker is and what he really said. As you are asking $3 million for this domain, I seriously doubt that he said it can be a 7 figure name.

Most the keywords that you have posted have 0 searches, check Google Keyword tool for example, I think one has a very small search volume. These terms are not commonly used in China or in any other part of the world.

RentalsAutomobiles.com can also work and means the same as carrentals.com. Will it have the same value?

You have something like RentalsAutomobiles.com in English but assume that you own carrentals.com

Can work can mean that someone might money pay for it, that doesn't mean that someone will pay big money for it or that it is a seven figure keyword. Perhaps someone might pay you $800 for it, that would still be a great ROI and it would still have worked out.

If it is so valuable why didn't someone(or your broker) bother to pick up the .net in all these years?

I think the problem is that you assume that top Pinyin domains can be still handregged in 2016. This is not the case.
Thank you for the reply. I'm curious since when do any top pinyin names have any search volume on Google? If caifu.com ("wealth") or lvxing.com ("travel") were for sale they would be worth well over $2million each. Each has all of 260 searches a month via Google. As to .ch have you seen 2345.ch? And as to what we'll ask for our names? We'll determine that and the market place will prove us right or wrong over the next ten years. We're in no rush.

•••
MingChe.com was registered in 2003 and stands for a term that is searched for tens of thousands of times a month while your domains were registered in 2016 and are words that no one uses in practice.

Top domains can only be handregged in the very early stages, if you handreg in an established market, all you will get are breadcrumbs and leftovers.

Even 5N have been taken for many years.
"Mingche" is searched 70 times a month.

•••
Thank you for the reply. I'm curious since when do any top pinyin names have any search volume on Google?

They don't but the corresponding translated meaning they stand for do. It is very easy to check if you have a popular word with meaning or not. Good Pinyins will be popular words. That is why they sell. Bad Pinyins are words that no one uses.

Yours aren't used by anyone. That is why no one had registered them until the year 2016. Keep in mind that the other valuable PInyins that you are referring to have been registered for 13 years at least.

lvxing.com

Has been registered in 1999. lvxing.net 2003. Any popular name is long gone. You are 15 years too late.

As to .ch have you seen 2345.ch? And as to what we'll ask for our names? We'll determine that and the market place will prove us right or wrong over the next ten years. We're in no rush.

The market has already shown that they are undesirable because not one single person in the world had wanted them until a few months ago.

Do you really believe a domain like carrental.com will remain unregistered for 20 years? A domain that is very popular will be registered by an end-user if no domainer grabs it.

There is one site you know on .ch. That doesn't make a market. There are successful sites on .fm too but that doesn't make it valuable extension.

Last edited:
•••
They don't but the corresponding translated meaning they stand for do. It is very easy to check if you have a popular word with meaning or not. Good Pinyins will be popular words. That is why they sell. Bad Pinyins are words that no one uses.

Yours aren't used by anyone. That is why no one had registered them until the year 2016. Keep in mind that the other valuable PInyins that you are referring to have been registered for 13 years at least.

Has been registered in 1999. lvxing.net 2003. Any popular keyword is long gone. You are 15 years too late.

The market has already shown that they are undesirable because not one single person in the world had wanted them until a few months ago.

Do you really believe a domain like carrental.com will remain unregistered for 20 years? A domain that is very popular will be registered by an end-user if no domainer grabs it.

There is one site you know on .ch. That doesn't make a market. There are successful sites on .fm too but that doesn't make a a valuable extension.
As I said the marketplace will prove us right or wrong over the next ten years. Have a nice day.

•••
As I said the marketplace will prove us right or wrong over the next ten years. Have a nice day.

The Pinyin market for top names is very established. It's not a new market that you are buying into.

It has already proven that there is no demand for these. In the past year virtually any random domain has been grabbed even the most worthless ones.

Pinyin domainers started buying up domains over 10 years ago. Do you think carrental.com gets missed by accident? Why would that happen?

The time to register these type of domains that you believe to own was 1999-2000.(see zuche.com)

Last edited:
•••
The Pinyin market for top names is very established. It's not a new market that you are buying into.

It has already proven that there is no demand for these. In the past year virtually any random domain has been grabbed even the most worthless ones.

Pinyin domainers started buying up domains over 10 years ago. Do you think carrental.com gets missed by accident? Why would that happen?
As I said-thank you for the replies and have a nice day.

•••
One other Chinese domainer we do listen to is @KasseyLee and he recently posted about the importance of the letter "e" added to Chinese names. "e" "can mean "hundreds of millions" even before this post we had reg'd eGeGu.com for a future financial site. So yes we definitly listen to the right Chinese domainers such as Kassey and you're correct I think everyone should. As it relates to this thread I think Kassey is quickly becoming one of the most important people in the Chinese domain world and someone to pay attention to over the coming years.

•••
One other Chinese domainer we do listen to is @KasseyLee and he recently posted about the importance of the letter "e" to Chinese names. "e" "can mean "hundreds of millions" even before this post we had reg'd eGeGu.com for a future financial site. .

You have asked Kassey about your Pinyin domains on his blog and even he couldn't understand them. Please stop hyping your hand registered domains.

You can not hand register 7 figure domains in any language in 2016.

Last edited:
•••
There are many great domainers worldwide - but there can be only one greatest domainer of all time.
In this sense, I registered the following two domains:

THEGREATESTDOMAINEROFALLTIME.TOP
thegreatestdomainerofalltime.top

THEGREATESTDOMAINEROFALLTIME.COM
thegreatestdomainerofalltime.com
You really need to stop this

•••
You have asked Kassey about your Pinyin domains on his blog and even he couldn't understand them. Please stop hyping your hand registered domains.
First of all im not "hyping" anything. I doubt anyone on NP is going to be buying these names from us but m curious why you didn't mention Kassey's reply to our names xi90.com or GQ80.com we asked him about? You're very selective in your posts and we're done responding.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back