IT.COM

Who do I HOST with?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Any advice on who to host with, Godaddy, Bravenet, networksolutions? Some seem easier but more expensive.

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hosting companies I've personally used and am happy with:

Westnic.net
Lunarpages.com

Definitely stay away from dreamhost.

Dan

•••
ASmallOrange, I use them at the moment... out of all the hosts i've used and i've been with a lot. I think they are the best.

•••
I think the question is whether you want a cheap simple static page just using html or a dynamic website with interactivity for a business application. If it is the latter then you need to pay more...recommend brinkster

•••
My advice for you is to look for customer's reviews before deciding on which host to go to. You might also want to check out webhostingtalk.com to look for reviews on hosts.

•••
dan_Vt said:
Definitely stay away from dreamhost.

Dan
How come? Used them for a little more than 3 months and I love them so far. Others have had problems?

•••
I used hostgator.com and the first month is free, well sort of, it is $0.01

•••
If you need more than simple/cheap hosting, I highly recommend Idologic.com. A few dollars more a month than others, but it's worth it in my eyes. Their customer service and support are excellent!!

•••
DeluxeNames.com said:
How come? Used them for a little more than 3 months and I love them so far. Others have had problems?

No problems here going on 9 months.

•••
•••
PolurNET said:
http://webhostingjury.com/reviews/DreamHost
Seems to be mixed reviews. Remember, they do also have an 'F' rating at the Better Business Bureau...

True, but I visited the BBB site and read why they received the "F" and it's only for one reason: 11 complaints that they did not respond to.
It looks like they did respond to a many, of the complaints.
They are a busy company and they always respond FAST to my trouble tickets (Very fast) so I can't really hold it against them that they didn't respond to all of the consumers who complained via the BBB.
(Though if it were my business I would have responded to all of them to simply not have that black mark.)

•••
DeluxeNames.com said:

I haven't used them personally, but I've read so many poor reviews of them I feel it necessary to warn people. Maybe some people would think I shouldn't mention them if I haven't used them, but I try to say what I would want others to tell me...and if someone has heard a lot of bad things about a company I would want to know.

I'm glad you've had no problems though!

D

•••
bhthai said:
Any advice on who to host with, Godaddy, Bravenet, networksolutions? Some seem easier but more expensive.

Thanks in advance!
I would suggest you to find reviews about the company in the forums like sitepoint and webhostingtalk.

•••
--RECOMMENDATION REMOVED--

DON'T USE HOSTGATOR.

Last edited:
•••
Just browse around NamePros, see what the members like. You can even search Google for webhosting reviews, just check the BBB before you buy.

•••
i use 1portfolio.com, hostingone.net, and hostgator.com. I like hostgator.com out all of them the best.

•••
bliss said:
i use 1portfolio.com, hostingone.net, and hostgator.com. I like hostgator.com out all of them the best.

HostGator.com
ASmallOrange.com

Both have great reviews. From what I have seen personally ASO is a great company.

Best of luck to you! ***Put in the time, do your research and you'll be fine***

•••
I have four domains webhosted with GoDaddy and have been very happy with the price and performance. Server is fast and reliable - even the shared hosting. Conversely, I have one name hosted with Ipowerweb and have been aggravated with their email server. I will suggest that one avoid Interland - poor performance for the price.

•••
Carlton said:
I have four domains webhosted with GoDaddy and have been very happy with the price and performance. Server is fast and reliable - even the shared hosting. Conversely, I have one name hosted with Ipowerweb and have been aggravated with their email server. I will suggest that one avoid Interland - poor performance for the price.

Ipowerweb is simply horrible. :(

•••
well i would recomend that you simple stay away from godaddy hosting.
they are a good registar but they weren't good when i had a account with them.
very, very slow servers

about the others i don't have any experience with them

•••
Little tip:

Do not buy hosting from a domain company.
Do not buy domains from a hosting company.

I'm currently being hosted at www.zoneserv.com (Mainly reseller). Very nice prices, support is nice, not exceptional, but nothing really goes wrong so no need to contact them. :p

To everyone thier own though. ;)

•••
•••
I highly recommend www.HostedFX.com excellent service by the company and nice pricing.

•••
Run your own server with your broadband or baseband connection.

•••
Ignore Godaddy and read other hosts' reviews before you sign up. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back