Dynadot

debate Which version of the domain to use?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ikhub

Top Member
Impact
I am in confusion pros. Please help me out.
I want to start a site on a specific category of ink. Not that I deal with or trade on this ink but want to create awareness about it.
I managed to register **********.INK and saw that **********INK.com was availabale so ended up buying the .com too.
Now, suggest me, which domain to use to create the site? Do not suggest something general like build on any domain and forward the other domain (if that is your suggestion, my question is, which one to build upon and which one to forward)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think, if you had bought the .com version first, then there would be no confusion.

imo...

•••
Probably better to develop the .com and redirect the .ink to the developed .com site

•••
Also think about how "**********" stands alone. ? good or bad ?

And test the two for traffic

•••
•••
It depends on whether you are a believer in the dotwords (.INK) or the dotcoms (.COM). You should choose the one that you feel most comfortable with.

If you are aiming to develop this and sell then perhaps .COM is preferable if you think the person buying it will want a .COM.

If you are developing for your own website with no goal to sell then for me .INK could be great (it is not easy to be certain as I do not know the rest of the url, but if INK is the market then INK as the tld works - why wouldn't it??).

You can also serve the same content on both domains (i.e. use both). Google penalises duplicate content but recognises that sometimes it makes sense to serve the same content on different domain names. To solve this Google (and others) use the canonical name. For example, you could serve the same pages on both domains but include:

<link rel="canonical" href="..." />

where ... is the

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back