Dynadot

discuss Which TLD i should prefer first?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ramzan Ali

Established Member
Impact
Hi buddies!

Please tell me which Tld should I prefer first after .com for dictionary word and please order from following according to you?

.net
.org
.io
.co
.cc
.tv
.ws
.ca
.co.uk

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Ramzan ... this topic has been discussed numerous times throughout the forums.

The actual answer totally depends on the specific word and target audience for the domain.

ccTLD's are a good alternative for anything relatively local.

In terms of re-purposed now generic ccTLD's my choice most of the time would be .co

.net is best for anything tech .. .org for anything informational

.tv and .io are quite niche .. you need to have extremely good and specific words for them to work as a domainer.

•••
Hi buddies!

Please tell me which Tld should I prefer first after .com for dictionary word and please order from following according to you?

.net
.org
.io
.co
.cc
.tv
.ws
.ca
.co.uk
I would love to choose .io for tech startup and .org for any other purpose.

•••

.net
.org
.io
.co
.cc
.tv
.ws
.ca
.co.uk
Well, if you have to ask, I'd encourage you to stick with .COM for now O_o

•••
Well, if you have to ask, I'd encourage you to stick with .COM for now O_o

If i stick to .com then domains with over 10k keywords search volume is good or how much minimum search volume and maximum domain length should be for them?

•••
If i stick to .com then domains with over 10k keywords search volume is good or how much minimum search volume and maximum domain length should be for them?

These are almost the wrong questions to ask these days. While there are domains with search volume that certainly do have value ... these days it's brands where you can get the better return on your money .. often times such brand domains have zero search metrics.

The best advice I can give is to go through the expiration lists and find good brands. Don't buy anything just yet .. but do check to see if any of the names you picked got sold .. that would give you a start into learning what makes a good name.

You can check out my daily list of some domains at auction here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/at...n-auction-and-closeout-domains.1006428/page-7

The DSAD blog is great with similar lists from @Domain Shane and @ikehook .. then a day or two later @Travis M follows it up with the actual prices all the domains sold for. This sort of paper trading is also another excellent way o learning what domains are popular.

Good luck going forward! :)

•••
Personally I like .org better than .net and I like .co.

•••
Each has their own niche so it's hard to prioritize one over the other.
That being said I prefer: .io .net .org then region specific, then niche specific TLDs.

•••
I have always found value to be in order:
com
org
co.uk
net

I used to have a lot of info about 8 years ago or so. I sold a few but generally there was more interest than actual money.

•••
I have always found value to be in order:
com
org
co.uk
net

I used to have a lot of info about 8 years ago or so. I sold a few but generally, there was more interest than actual money.

please tell me the value of these domains
showels.co.uk
pulsemassagers.co.uk
hepatitiss.com

•••
•••
When choosing .co extension don't we have a risk of loosing part of the traffic to .com?

•••
When choosing .co extension don't we have a risk of loosing part of the traffic to .com?
yes it is. it means .io is better than .co Right?

•••
yes it is. it means .io is better than .co Right?
For some industries, like crypto, SaaS, definitely
To be honest, I usually go with .com right now when creating my own project.
Just trying to find the best version in terms of length, ease of pronouncing and how I will be branding it.

•••
•••
•••
.CO and .ORG in a deathmatch for second place.

.NET on the sidelines cheering.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back